TVS diode

darkmatter

Joined Dec 19, 2008
Hello Board;

I have aTVS diode 1.5KE75A which is suppose to shunt about 20A in 100 ns . The clamp is at 103V , My question is when its in clamp mode for few nano seconds my power supply 60V is getting over volted to bout 43V , does this remaining 43v force transient current int my power supply if yes how to calculate. Sorry the question seems to be basic but I am struggling for 8 hours with this , hope to get some expert advice. Thanks.

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Judging by the OP's name, perhaps that's "celestial dark matter" :D

It is standerd converter
I don't think such an animal exists. All the link shows is a black box. The circuitry inside is unknown.

darkmatter

Joined Dec 19, 2008
Judging by the OP's name, perhaps that's "celestial dark matter" :D

I don't think such an animal exists. All the link shows is a black box. The circuitry inside is unknown.
He , he he , perhaps darkmatter is not that a mystery in present days physics.The link about converter provides only specification. Can some one judge from these type of DC-DC. If I were to know the inside circuit what should I look inside for. I plan to disect one of these.

Last edited:

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
Here's a sim of the application of a 4us 200V spike from a 0.1 Ohm output-impedance source to your input circuit. It shows the diode clamping V(in) at 103V, a diode current peak of ~900A, and the cap voltage V(out) reaching ~80V. That exceeds the rating of your circuit by some way.

Attachments

darkmatter

Joined Dec 19, 2008
Here's a sim of the application of a 4us 200V spike from a 0.1 Ohm output-impedance source to your input circuit. It shows the diode clamping V(in) at 103V, a diode current peak of ~900A, and the cap voltage V(out) reaching ~80V. That exceeds the rating of your circuit by some way.
Thanks, I downloaded LTspice as I have never used it before but got weared results. I couldnt cope with model file . Can you please share your .asm file with me .