Tv output project- help

Rotem30tt

Joined Nov 27, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have a broken tv (only the screen ) , and I want to do a little project .
Its an a lg smart tv, I really like the interface it has , and I want to turn it to a strimer and to make an video output from it to my projector.
I disassembled it and I added a picture of the motherboard, am looking for an easy way to turn those plat conectors to an hdmi output.
I don’t have to much knowledge in electronic so it must be something like plug and plug fix.
Thank you anyway.
btw the board name is LJ8 chassis

Attachments

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there
:)
Welcome to AAC.
Do you want to go cable or wireless? It's a smart TV so I don't see why not .maximum length before the signal starts to degrade around 25ft although there are plenty of 50ft HDMI cables available.
A HDMI Wireless kit usually consists of two main components: the transmitter and the receiver unit. Basically, you’ll install the transmitter unit on your PC, along with any software necessary to make it work. Then you’ll plug the receiver unit into a spare HDMI port on your lj8 chassis
. Providing all goes well, everything that’s displayed on your desktop will be streamed to the lj8 chassis via the two wireless units from there to your projector.

Rotem30tt

Joined Nov 27, 2020
Hello there
:)
Welcome to AAC.
Do you want to go cable or wireless? It's a smart TV so I don't see why not .maximum length before the signal starts to degrade around 25ft although there are plenty of 50ft HDMI cables available.
A HDMI Wireless kit usually consists of two main components: the transmitter and the receiver unit. Basically, you’ll install the transmitter unit on your PC, along with any software necessary to make it work. Then you’ll plug the receiver unit into a spare HDMI port on your lj8 chassis
. Providing all goes well, everything that’s displayed on your desktop will be streamed to the lj8 chassis via the two wireless units from there to your projector.
hey there ,
First thank you for the answer,
But I meant otherwise, my tv has a broken screen, I need to make an video output from that lj8 board to a auxiliary screen... I want to use the tv hardware as strimer (it has Netflix YouTube and more and all of that controlled by a lg air muse which is very nice)

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Imagine the television screen was not broken. But you still wanted to use your projector, your projector depending on how old it is it's going to have either RCA's, component, cable connections. So instead of going from a computer to your TV the computer is built in streaming now all you have to do is find the outputs and make sure they match the inputs to your projector,

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Start by searching for the service manual for the TV , so you need the make and model number. The TV has several inputs, but doesn't look like any outputs to make a Streamer.

Last edited:

Externet

Joined Nov 29, 2005
Repeatedly asked for the TV sales experts at 'Best buy' type of stores along years for which TV has HDMI output and always got the same babbling... and then... -none!-
It is a matter of copyright.
Asked on forums how to implement 'video out' on any ATSC TV; once got a 'what for ?':rolleyes: and mostly the copyright prohibition explanation to have such.:confused:

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
You can buy an adapter to go from component video (on the RCA connectors) to HDMI for under $20 US.

BUT - in the full board image, top left corner, there are three connectors pointed to the left. The top one looks like USB. What are the other two? Please post a photo looking into these connectors.

ak

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
Unfortunately none of those input connectors will be of any use in getting a video output. So to use the receiver that you have to get a video output you will need the circuit diagram so that you can locate that point where all of the different video streams feed the part of the system that decodes the signal into individual pixel data.
That is where the signal pick-off point for a remote display is . Then the only challenge is to create a circuit to convert that signal back into either an HDMI format or possibly an RGB/ VGA output that a computer monitor can accept.
Unfortunately, because such an output would allow recording of a video signal, such a device is not available, so you will need to create it. The good news is that if you are able to create such a design you will be able to sell a whole lot of those devices. Actually, it can probably be done in software on a decent sized computer.