Tube Amp problem

bagster

Joined Oct 15, 2014
I never said it did not fail, if it haden't failed i wouldn't have been here in the first place...i am trying to find a solution, i know that criticism is constructive, but till now it did not help... thank you anyway. I have noticed that some of the tube technicians try to keep their jobs...but time goes by ...pass it on...

bagster

Joined Oct 15, 2014
Hello everyone.... So, i found a little spare time to trial and error the amp, well I still have no ideea what the problem WAS, but now it is solved. I rigged the amp with a hammond 1750E ot, changed a cap from the preamp phase, resoldered every contact point, took care of the grounding,( added star grounding--- or at least dual semistar) anyway, not only i managed to bring it to life but i also i modded the amp to use as well 6P15pP tubes in the output phase , and 6n2p in the preamp phase....the amp sounds like an angel to my ears, or better yet like a demon :))) ... it has absolutely no humm, when i crank it up to let's say 9 and a half out of ten, it has just a bit of humm, but i have to stick my ear to the speaker to hear it...i will be posting a video on you tube soon...so it is no fender and no marshall... it is gorgeus and hand made by myself... first build.. you have to understand.... do you guys remember the feeling... it's like making love for the first time all over