Gra&afch nixie tube problem

JakeLumpy

Joined Aug 10, 2020
I recently put together a gra and afch nixie tube clock kit and everything works fine except that whenever the 1st digit in the groups of 2 tubes is a 5 every digit in those 2 tubes lights up. I figured there was a short in the HV5122PJ chip but I resoldered it and I am still having the issue.

Attachments

bertus

Joined Apr 5, 2008
Hello,

It looks like leakage of currents, as more numbers in the same nixie are activated.
It can be there is a problem with the nixie driver.

Bertus

BobaMosfet

Joined Jul 1, 2009
I recently put together a gra and afch nixie tube clock kit and everything works fine except that whenever the 1st digit in the groups of 2 tubes is a 5 every digit in those 2 tubes lights up. I figured there was a short in the HV5122PJ chip but I resoldered it and I am still having the issue.
IMHO I would actually suspect a logic error, or code got corrupted during transport in the MCU, before I'd think hardware, based on what you've shown/described. Can the clock be reflashed remotely?

Last edited:

JakeLumpy

Joined Aug 10, 2020
IMHO I would actually suspect a logic error, or code got corrupted during transport in the MCU, before I'd think hardware, based on what you've shown/described. Can the clock be reflashed remotely?
I believe it can be reflashed. I’ll look into trying that.