TTL CookBook

Interfacer

Joined Dec 15, 2012
Hi all. First Post! Does anyone know where I can find a comprehensive TTL Cook Book (Particularly interested in a chip called 555 Timer and I want to understand its capabilities)? Also looking for any workbench software (not sure exactly what it's called but allows you to design and simulate circuits with some built-in chips too). I bought a breadboard that came with a free disk with this software but I lost it. I like to gain practical insight while I study, which is also why I joined this forum, but my breadboard and the components I have have limitations when it comes to some topics. Thanks in advance.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I had the TTL Cookbook in my possession that is probably 30 years old. :)

Sadly it has gone missing. :( Hopefully it is around here somewhere.

My TV Typewriter Cookbook is still here.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
The circuit simulation software commonly used on these sites is LTspice which is free from Linear Technology. There is a fairly steep learning curve but it is worth the effort to learn if you want to study electronic circuits. It's a lot easier and faster to simulate circuits then to breadboard them. And you will have a greater assurance that the circuit will work if you do build it.

There is an Electronics Workbench circuit simulator that can be purchased from National Instruments, which is a good simulator but it's a bit pricey for home use unless you qualify for the student version.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Hello,

I know the EDUCYPEDIA site is not as stable as the AAC, but it seems to be working again.

Bertus
Thanks, your are right.
I tried many times, but I can't connect to, and then I just tried again, I can visit the site.

Last edited: