Trying to repair a Bluetooth solar rechargeable speaker

quique123

Joined May 15, 2015
So my phone connects to it just fine but when I play a song no sound comes from the speaker.

This cable runs between the speaker and the board. What would be an easy way to test if the speaker is fine? EFC606E0-BE47-4DF6-9F55-DA9270D5E864.jpeg

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Do you have wires, or alligator clips ? If you had an old pair of headphones, or a speaker, you could touch the wires right on the speaker wires, and hear what happens.

If you have a multi-meter, have you checked any voltages, or tried with a battery/other power source ?

If you had basic electronics, you could make an audible tone generator pretty easy with, a 2x BJT multi-vibrator or a 555 timer, then you could test around to see where the audio is and isn't.

Also phone cables/headphones/etc, are notorious for breaking, so some wire inside the cable from the phone could be broken too

quique123

Joined May 15, 2015
Ok well its not a phone, its just a speaker. I do have pretty much lots of stuff, multimeter. Yesterday I soldered wires from a set of headphones. I cut off the earphones and connected those wires to the speaker terminals and connected the audio jack to my laptop output and switched the output to the right output but nothing comes out of the speaker. But it seems to me the speaker is a pretty rough device, it should be the last thing to break. Im tryiing to think of other ways to test it.

DarthVolta

Joined Jan 27, 2015
Yeah I would expect some sound, but I barely know about audio repairs myself or exactly how the computer's output sound. If the speaker is truely wired right, and plugged to the laptop, I would expect it to at least make low volume sound of some sort.