Trying to identify a PCB solderable socket + plug with cable

Discussion in 'General Electronics Chat' started by GregJ7, Jun 1, 2015.

  1. GregJ7

    Thread Starter New Member

    Jun 7, 2014
    Can anyone tell me what this connector is called, along with the part it would plug into that is soldered to a PCB? I'd like to get some, but have not succeeded in finding any with the searches I have been doing. They should be the locking type. Thanks!

  2. JohnInTX


    Jun 26, 2012
    What you show is called a 'Wire to Board crimp style' connector. The mate that goes on the PCB would be a header.

    Is there any marking on the housing that might identify the manufacturer? That would be the first step. Next would be to measure the pitch i.e. distance between pins and pin size. Then go searching - unfortunately there are a gazillion different connectors by lots of manufacturers. This one looks imported - maybe JST? Here's a link to a picture sheet from them. Digikey has JST. Maybe scan their site as well.

    Good luck.
  3. BR-549

    Distinguished Member

    Sep 22, 2013
    Take another pic of the other side.....and put a ruler next to we have some scale.
  4. GregJ7

    Thread Starter New Member

    Jun 7, 2014
    Thanks! "Wire to Board crimp style" were the words I was looking for. I'm not trying to match the item in the photo, I just want to get some in that style. Your link is helpful!