Trying to create a diode in LTspice

JAIPI

Joined Feb 18, 2022
Hello,

I am trying to make a spice model for AQ3522-01LTG, as I cannot find an already made spice model on the internet anywhere. I know Littelfuse has other diodes but they are different slightly and will affect my simulation. If anyone has a spice model for something similar I'm all ears.

As I cannot find the model I figure I'm going to have to make it myself. That being said I found a similar spice model already made and all I would need to do is adjust some parameters and I should be able to have the same thing (?).

I found this,

https://www.littelfuse.com/~/media/...diode/tvs_diode_p4ke12_ca_spice_model_txt.txt

Which contains this,

** Littelfuse P4KE12CA, TVS, bi-directional **
** ITC, 04/09/05 **
.SUBCKT P4KE12CA 1 2
* TERMINALS: T1 T2
Dpri 1 4 Dtvs
Dsec 3 4 Dtvs
Rleak 1 3 13meg
Lind 3 2 2e-15
.MODEL Dtvs D (RS=0.05 N=1.5 IBV=1m BV=11.0 CJO=450p)
.ENDS

From what I can decipher from this is the top section is the 'physical' make up of the spice model and the second to last line are the parameters, although I'm thinking that too may be wrong as i see one line has "rleak"?

Anyways does anyone have a guide or a key as to what these parameters actually stand for? so that i can just change them to fit my model?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

TL;dr: Looking to find what diode parameter abbreviations are in spice models so I can go about creating my own model in LTspice.

Thanks,

JAIPI

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Looking to find what diode parameter abbreviations are in spice models so I can go about creating my own model in LTspice.
If you select a diode model in LTspice you can see the different model parameters in the selection window.
Unfortunately I don't know what most of them mean. :confused: