Trying desperately to identify these connectors

Leigh Brady

Joined Jun 11, 2015
I am attempting to recreate two cable assemblies I received from the far east.
They have two connectors on them which I cannot identify, and neither can a bunch of other learned folks (digikey, Newark, etc).

Any idea of part numbers for these guys?

The first is an LVDS cable that mates to a small flatscreen. It has 1mm pitch.

The second is the backlight connection for that flatscreen. it has a 1.4mm pitch.

If anyone can help me source these in the USA (housings, crimps and tooling) I'd be very grateful!

ian field

Joined Oct 27, 2012
I am attempting to recreate two cable assemblies I received from the far east.
They have two connectors on them which I cannot identify, and neither can a bunch of other learned folks (digikey, Newark, etc).

Any idea of part numbers for these guys?

The first is an LVDS cable that mates to a small flatscreen. It has 1mm pitch.

The second is the backlight connection for that flatscreen. it has a 1.4mm pitch.

If anyone can help me source these in the USA (housings, crimps and tooling) I'd be very grateful!
They look typically consumer electronics sort of connectors - in the UK we have CPC as one of the main supply houses, they are owned by Farnell who also operate in America.

Probably worth a try.

Lundwall_Paul

Joined Oct 18, 2011
Farnell (Newark) is a great place to start and outstanding customer service. I would email them pictures, pin count, pitch, measurements.....

Leigh Brady

Joined Jun 11, 2015
Thanks guys but I guess you didn't read my post closely enough. All the major distributors have seen the pictures and drawn a blank. (Newark, Mouser, Digikey, arrow).

KJ6EAD

Joined Apr 30, 2011
Your pictures are minimally useful but both connectors are reminiscent of offerings from JAE and JST though it's likely these are not brand name items.

AnalogKid

Joined Aug 1, 2013
Hirose also has some parts like them. The 4-pin looks like a catalog standard part, but the big one might be custom or semi-custom.

ak