True confessions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
@ronv, @joeyd999, @shortbus, @nsaspook, @wayneh, @GopherT (where ever you are), @justtrying. @BR-549 Et al...

Although I yet strongly oppose political discussion on these fora (for the liability to 'hard feelings' attendant thereto) -- I'm bound to say you had/have a point -- To wit: It is a matter of observable fact that, following closure of the 'political threads', it's been deadly dull 'round here -- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!o_O:(

Sincerely
HP

PS -- This is in no way a call for revisitation of political discussion!:eek: -- But, merely, acknowledgment where acknowledgment is due'...

Last edited:

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
There are many other forum sites out there....

None as good as this one of course - but maybe precisely because they tolerate more politics and off-topic discussions.

Join up to several sites and you will have all the political entertainment you want.

It would be great to have this site limited to circuits and electronics related posts

Just my 2 cents and my humble opinion

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
There are many other forum sites out there....

None as good as this one of course - but maybe precisely because they tolerate more politics and off-topic discussions.

Join up to several sites and you will have all the political entertainment you want.

It would be great to have this site limited to circuits and electronics related posts

Just my 2 cents and my humble opinion
First and foremost I fully agree with your views on this matter! --- But then I feel I may have been a bit 'heavy handed' in my repudiation of others 'perspectives' lo these two+ years -- hence my acknowledgement...

That said, as you quite correctly point out, this is indeed an educational site - and much the better for its 'strict return' to said format!:)

Very best regards
HP:cool:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
@ronv, @joeyd999, @shortbus, @nsaspook, @wayneh, @GopherT (where ever you are), @justtrying. @BR-549 Et al...

Although I yet strongly oppose political discussion on these fora (for the liability to 'hard feelings' attendant thereto) -- I'm bound to say you had/have a point -- To wit: It is a matter or observable fact that, following closure of the 'political threads', it's been deadly dull 'round here -- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!o_O:(

Sincerely
HP

PS -- This is in no way a call for revisitation of political discussion!:eek: -- But, merely, acknowledgment where acknowledgment is due'...
o_O ... interesting ... I didn't know that you had a hidden masochistic streak ... :D

Anyway ... we can always talk about Ethics and that won't break any rules. Trust me, the exchange has the potential of getting as warm and fuzzy as a political discussion, if not more. ;)

EDIT: I'm saddened that you didn't tag me too in your opening post. :(

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009

Although I yet strongly oppose political discussion on these fora (for the liability to 'hard feelings' attendant thereto) -- I'm bound to say you had/have a point -- To wit: It is a matter or observable fact that, following closure of the 'political threads', it's been deadly dull 'round here -- Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!o_O:(

Sincerely
HP

It's summer for most of us, a traditionally dull season for all online forums.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
Boring and tedious discussion over cracking eggs would be more interesting than today's completely predictable politics.
https://ratiocinativa.wordpress.com/2013/04/09/how-to-eat-a-boiled-egg-jonathan-swift/

The two great empires of Lilliput and Blefuscu… have… been engaged in a most obstinate war for six-and-thirty moons past. It began upon the following occasion: It is allowed on all hands that the primitive way of breaking eggs before we eat them was upon the larger end; but his present Majesty’s grandfather while he was a boy, going to eat an egg, and breaking it according to the ancient practice, happened to cut one of his fingers. Whereupon the Emperor, his father, published an edict, commanding all his subjects, upon great penalties, to break the smaller end of their eggs. The people so highly resented this law that, our histories tell us, there have been six rebellions raised on that account; wherein one emperor lost his life, and another his crown.

ronv

Joined Nov 12, 2008
o_O ... interesting ... I didn't know that you had a hidden masochistic streak ... :D

Anyway ... we can always talk about Ethics and that won't break any rules. Trust me, the exchange has the potential of getting as warm and fuzzy as a political discussion, if not more. ;)

Ethics?
You mean like should lawyers be honest?

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Ah yes! Pleasure knows no parallel to that attending a 'skillfully applied' "cat o' nine tails session" when the mood strikes:oops::D:p
(Apologies should the foregoing ring a bit 'TMI' -- 'tho I aver such is quite consistent with the title of this thread:cool:)

but I had thought that I was special :(
---Emphasis Added---
Please rest assured that you are!:cool: --- 'tis merely that I tagged only those whom I recalled being strong advocates of political chat...:) As I recall you were circumspect on to dubious of said (former) 'new direction'?

We are not going to entertain political content, jokes or internet memes directed against a party, candidate or incumbent. Posts containing such will be deleted without recourse. As @hexreader pointed out, there are plenty of other places to go to discuss, fight over or troll politics. AAC is not one of them.
Hey @JohnInTX please relax!:) As per the 'disclaimers' in my OP and my follow-up (i.e. my response to @hexreader) -- I AGREE and am most content with AAC's current policy!:)

Very best regards
HP:)

Last edited:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
We are not going to entertain political content, jokes or internet memes directed against a party, candidate or incumbent. Posts containing such will be deleted without recourse. As @hexreader pointed out, there are plenty of other places to go to discuss, fight over or troll politics. AAC is not one of them.
I would like to thank you for being the ONLY moderator that signs his deletion notices. You show the respect of your "office" to the other members that none of the other mods do.

JohnInTX

Joined Jun 26, 2012
I would like to thank you for being the ONLY moderator that signs his deletion notices. You show the respect of your "office" to the other members that none of the other mods do.
You're welcome, and you can always PM me or another staff member for help/clarification for other deletions/issues. Hopefully that won't be necessary very often.:)

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
You're welcome, and you can always PM me or another staff member for help/clarification for other deletions/issues. Hopefully that won't be necessary very often.:)
That's the problem, how do you PM the mod when they don't identify themselves? After having a few threads about this started by a couple of members over time, they still don't seem to get it! Your the only one that shows the courtesy of identification, so I think you should be thanked!

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
That's the problem, how do you PM the mod when they don't identify themselves?
A convenient solution: Should you have questions Re: deletion of your post{s} on a particular thread, you may inquire via the 'report feature' (via the 'button' on the OP of said thread) --- Note that 'report' alerts all (active) moderators and, hence, will come to the attention of the appropriate party:)

And yes! I concur with your assertion that 'signed moderation' --especially where the poster's TOS/UA 'violation' is less than 'cut and dried'-- is much appreciated!:cool:

Best regards
HP

Disclaimer -- I am in no way involved with the administration or moderation of this site/these fora -- But merely a (one can but hope) helpful 'denizen' thereof...:cool:

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
A convenient solution: Should you have questions Re: deletion of your post{s} on a particular thread, you may inquire via the 'report feature' (via the 'button' on the OP of said thread) --- Note that 'report' alerts all (active) moderators and, hence, will come to the attention of the appropriate party:)
That would work if it wasn't the mod who deleted it in the first place saw it first! I don't understand the reluctance to own up to what you do, it is something that is severely lacking in today's society.

Status
Not open for further replies.