Troubleshooting UART Communication

AKNO

Joined Jan 15, 2023
i am not able to establish UART communication between Node MCU and LSA08 it is giving an error as such
ets Jan 8 2013,rst cause:4, boot mode:(3,6)
wdt reset
load 0x4010f000, len 3460, room 16
tail 4
chksum 0xcc load 0x3fff20b8, len 40, room 4
tail 4
chksum 0xc9
csum 0xc9
v00042b40
~ld

geekoftheweek

Joined Oct 6, 2013
A wdt reset refers to a watchdog timer reset. Essentially what is happening is your program is blocking while waiting on something for too long. About the easiest way to find this is to print a line in your debugging window and move it around the program until it stops printing.
Without seeing your actual program I would guess the UART is waiting for incoming data that is either not being sent, or you have a baud rate mismatch and it's not reading things right.

AKNO

Joined Jan 15, 2023
A wdt reset refers to a watchdog timer reset. Essentially what is happening is your program is blocking while waiting on something for too long. About the easiest way to find this is to print a line in your debugging window and move it around the program until it stops printing.
Without seeing your actual program I would guess the UART is waiting for incoming data that is either not being sent, or you have a baud rate mismatch and it's not reading things right.
Thank you I will try something, i think I got idea of what's happening