Triangle, Circle and V-Symbols meanings

Baqir

Joined Apr 19, 2020
Hello everyone.
Can anyone tell me whats the meaning of these highlighted symbols in the attached circuit diagram? I have highlighted only some of those symbols.
Much appreciated.

Attachments

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Welcome to AAC.

Sorry, most people here don't click on unknown links. You can open the link yourself and copy and paste the symbols here. We'll do our best to answer your questions.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Look for the source of the symbols.

Circle is raw 12V input = waveform K
Triangle is 6V regulated output = waveform J
V is 6V minus one diode voltage drop = 5.4V = waveform I

power symbols.jpg

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
My PDF reader lets me open files in safe mode by default...

Symbols in question:
1587317383529.png
Definitely not standard.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Back when single - between first and second marriage - I tried one of those dating sites. One woman I contacted did not have English as a first language. I'm a little heavy, heavier than what she desired. So she tried to tell me that she was not interested in dating a "Big, large, heavy man." It was her attempt at not calling me fat. Though it didn't come out right, it was appreciated that she made the effort.

Calling me dear - while not correct - is not offensive. At least not to me. Try that in the American work place and you could find yourself in HR quickly. Maybe even the unemployment line.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
There are words of endearment that are used in certain cultural settings,
dear, love, pet, honey, darling, sweet heart...
but you don’t use it in a formal setting.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
Worked with a Scottish woman. She called everyone "Love". "Hello Love. How are you today?" Brought my first wife into work on a Saturday just for a visit. This woman said "Hello Love." and my wife had a fit. Had to explain she calls everyone love. Though I wouldn't recommend saying that to a Board of Director or an HR manager.

Back on topic: What triangles, circles and V symbols are you referring to?

Baqir

Joined Apr 19, 2020
Back when single - between first and second marriage - I tried one of those dating sites. One woman I contacted did not have English as a first language. I'm a little heavy, heavier than what she desired. So she tried to tell me that she was not interested in dating a "Big, large, heavy man." It was her attempt at not calling me fat. Though it didn't come out right, it was appreciated that she made the effort.

Calling me dear - while not correct - is not offensive. At least not to me. Try that in the American work place and you could find yourself in HR quickly. Maybe even the unemployment line.
Oh my God. We use this word frequently for anyone here in Dubai.
Yes, you are right. English isn't my first language.
Sorry, for that and thanks for correction :)

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Still used in letter writing (if you remember that) Dear sir, also 'My Dear Sir' is also a form of address in the 'English' world.
I notice in communication with Chinese, man or woman they often use 'Dear'.
Max.