Treadmill Reebok I-Run Motor Controller Help needed

MichiKrems

Joined Jan 8, 2016
Hello from Austria

First sorry about my English ;-)
treadmill Controll Board JD-230E/E
My tredmill stoppes working after differend Intervalls (sometimes 8min,sometimes 15min ,..)Power off wait a Night and same thing happens.
Now i disassembly the treadmill an when i touch the controlleboard (rem Marked component in attached pics)
it starts working.
Solderd it out to dissasemble butt no way to identify this thing.
Can anyone Help?

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Its a pwm regulator thats potted, to prevent tampering, but what voltage is it supposed to be giving out?

Last edited:

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Are there any voltage markings on the pcb, and can you show pictures of the track side?

Have you resoldered it to cure any broken joints?

Last edited:

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Obtain so freezer in an aerosol can (Arctic Air) this is to enable detection of components that fail when getting hot.
You may pin down which component this way.
Max.

MichiKrems

Joined Jan 8, 2016
Found this in Web
Maybe helpfull?
Dont want buy a new Board ;-( its expensive

All measurements of voltages are ok as far as I understand it

But on the gate at the mosfet I always get just only 0V

Attachments

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I would be tempted to reverse engineer it up to the module, this may then give a clue as to what is in it and design a replacement.
Max.

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Looks like its switching the mosfet on to control the motor, there is a current sense pin on it from the Source on the fet, the two presets are for speed and current (amp)limit, two 12v supply pins, and one pin has a 100 ohms resistor going to a connector, whats this for needs measuring!!?

My guess is a pwm circuit and depending what the Unknown input pin does..probably to turn it on/ off.

If it is a pwm controller, you can make one from a 555 timer.

MichiKrems

Joined Jan 8, 2016
Thanks Dodgydave
Can you help me to identify the pins ?
1 = driving the Mosfet
2= ?
3= Speed Limiter /Controll
4= Amp Limiter
5=0-5 V this is the signal from Diplay Computer( Speed switches 0,8-14 km/h)
6= GND
7= 12V
Witch 555 Timer would be right.Can you tell where Find a right schematic ?

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
Last edited:

MichiKrems

Joined Jan 8, 2016
is this what you mean ?

Pins 2,3,4,5 not in use
Speed controlled per poti over 555 Timer ?
If the i want to use the "Speed switch" at the treadmill Display can I connect pin 5 from paneel to pin 6and 2 from 555 timer ?

Attachments

Dodgydave

Joined Jun 22, 2012
No, the 555 will need to be controlled with its own preset resistor, otherwise the 555 can be voltage controlled on pin 5, but not with 0-5v but 6-10v,.

I would start by making or buying the pwm pcb, and trying it on the mosfet, to see if it works, then start modifying the voltage control using an op amp.

Or you may use an op amp pwm controller like this...
http://circuitswiring.com/circuit-diagrams/24/uploads/allimg/100710/213ZLO3-1.gif

Hello MichiKrems,
Did you manage to fix the board? I am having the same problem you had for the last 2 days. My control board model is exactly the same as yours. Power to motor from Mosfet stops working after a minute roughly. Any advise will be really helpful.
Thanks,
Charley