Treadmill keeps blowing fuse.

Naim69

Joined Apr 30, 2017
I have a Proform treadmill.

On powering it up the display shows all 888888, then goes off and then when trying to start the belt it blows the fuse. it all happens within a few seconds. The motor does make a slight move.

If I unplug the motor from the control board it will not blow the fuse, and will give around 330V at the terminals. and after sometime it will reduce to zero and then again back to 330VDC.

If I connect the motor to a car battery it works.

I cant see any components that are obviously visibly faulty.

The controller being used is MC2100ELS-18W. Rev. -

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Naim69

Joined Apr 30, 2017
Sounds like the semiconductor powering the motor is shorted, what are the No.'s of any semis mounted to heat sinks?.
Max.
Thank you Max for the Prompt reply.
On the heatsink there are 4 semis, an IGBT(G4PC40K), a MOSFET(HFA15BP60), a Thyristor(S8025L) and one Bridge rectifier(GBJ25M).
I really appreciate your response.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
With that mixture I would have to guess that the board also has a track raise actuator?
It is unlikely that all control the motor.
Max.

Naim69

Joined Apr 30, 2017
Yes it might be. I am sorry I checked later by part number and found that HFA15BP60 is not a MOSFET, it is a soft recovery Diode. I am not sure what is soft recovery for. I am willing to replace all suspected components. But I have no experience of this kind of boards. Track raise actuator couldn't be checked as power doesn't stay on.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Do you still get an error with the motor disconnected and does the raise actuator work at that point?
It is most often the power semi's that fail.
Max.

Naim69

Joined Apr 30, 2017
Panel doesn't stay on. All diplay LEDs come on for a while and then go off. I can't operate anything.
Best regards.

Naim69

Joined Apr 30, 2017
Thanks a lot Max,
Shell I try the IGBT first? Or all of the above? Or any other also you suggest?
Thank you for your kind help.