Treadmill DC Motor Replacement Question

lifedan

Joined Dec 5, 2020
Hello all. Found this site via google search trying to find information on replacing my treadmill motor which i'd rather do myself as it seems easy enough. The motor is a Turdan Industry B2J051 2.25HP, 2400RPM, 90Volt, 7.5Amp. Any suggestions on what specs I need to swap it out harmlessly?IMG_20201205_102714.jpg

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Most T.M. of the similar size should work, apart from the N.A. made versions, I like the Johnson models.
The only thing to watch is the pulley size, many are a part of the flywheel, that is often threaded on.
Also to consider is if the original has a tach wheel on it etc.
Max.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
That does sound like a bearing wear problem. The new bearing should be less than $10, and that is a lot cheaper than a new motor.. With the motor out you should be able to turn it by habd and feel if the bearings are OK or not. No need to run it to feel worn out bearings.

MisterBill2

Joined Jan 23, 2018
I would run it on the bench in any case and also check the brushes while you have it out.
Max.
Good point, Max. And it might even be a brush or brush holder problem. But bearing problems will certainly lead to noise and rough turning. I have had two starter motors fail from a bad bearing, each with a new car having less than 10K miles. And they are not covered by the engine warranty because they are an accessory. Just like the fan and alternator.