Treadmill control board

Eaglewood

Joined May 2, 2018
Hi,
I have been following all of your great conversations but now I need some specific advice. I want to use a MC1618DLS board
to drive a treadmill motor with a pot. Can anyone tell me the pin out.
thank you
Dick

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
It seems to be a variation of the MC2100 series I have not come across before, but the 8 pin HD6 does appear to have the same connections however as the HD2 on the MC2100, from the right hand side there is 1=G(GND), 2 =V(12v), 4=P(PULSE), also the two opto isolators just above HD6. Used to isolate the low voltage control from the motor circuit.
If it is the same as the MC2100, then it would require a 20Hz PWM signal into 4 to control the motor.

Marcia307

Joined Feb 24, 2023
Hi,

I have a treamill Jhonson Fitness, model Ti22.
After having changed the bridge rectifiers board JDYFO2L REVg I need to reset the board for the treadmill to work properly again.
How should I proceed?

Eaglewood

Joined May 2, 2018
Thanks MaxHeadRoom,
I am in awe of your analytical skills. I am very inexperienced at circuitry so please bear with me. How would I provide a 20 Hz signal to pin 4 And be able to control the voltage to the motor?
Thank you for any assistance.
eaglewood

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
There is a 555 based version out there, I have also made some 8pin Picmicro based versions.
On all the ones I have worked on, you need a series resistor in series with pin 4 as the Opto does not have a high enough series resistor for its LED.

Eaglewood

Joined May 2, 2018
Way over my head. Can you sketch a diagram to show me how to wire up what I need to do to control the motor speed? As I said you are so much more knowledgeable than I.
eaglewood

Eaglewood

Joined May 2, 2018
Thank you very much MaxHeadRoom. I think that site is a great source of the info that I needed.
Do you think the $15 pulse generator is a viable answer to my problem? Otherwise I will follow the circuit shown.
Thanks again
eaglewood

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I cannot comment on the viability of other units,but evidentally some have had success with them.
As I mentioned, I developed my own with 8pin micro and control pot with start/stop PB's.
The PCB is around 50mm square.

Eaglewood

Joined May 2, 2018
Sounds interesting although as I said I am very limited on the world of pcb’s. Funny, I worked in an electronics design unit and one of my jobs was to layout large pc boards from schematics(4:1) then tape them on a light table for creating prototypes. Can you give me more info on the board you’ve created?
Tanks eaglewood

Eaglewood

Joined May 2, 2018
Those are very clean looking boards. Do you sell them? I have been buying dc controls from KB Electronics that work well for the motors I have adapted to several machines in my shop, but they ate pricey. I find tread mills everywhere here, seems people don’t use them long.

Eaglewood

Joined May 2, 2018
I am thinking that I should buy one of your setups. I did get one of those cheap pwm generators and it runs the motor when set to 20hz. Can I temporarily add a pot to vary the speed? If so where and what value? Thanks again for all your help.