Treadmill control board problem

181maple

Joined Jun 14, 2017
Hello,

I have a treadmill Smooth 9.HR stopped working recently. Before when I connected power cord I would heard click sound and see display on the treadmill display board, but now I see nothing displayed and hear no click sound. It looks it has no power. When I opened the treadmill control board cover, I saw there are 3 green, 4 red and 1 yellow LED lights on the board, but only 2 green lights (+12V DT5 and 115V DT15) are on when power is plugged. I am not sure if this is normal. When I called the Smooth service support, I was told I need replace the control board. However, the cost is too high for me. The board brand is Pulse Power Systems. P/N is 1100102250, S/N is 7051, D/C is 322 Rev.C.

Is it possible to have it fixed without buying a whole new board? Or is there anywhere else to buy a cheaper board from?

IMG_3769.JPG
Also behind the display board, I saw a green ground wire one end is attached to the metal case, the other end is disconnected (please see attached picture), Can someone tells me where the other end should connect to?

IMG_3752.JPG

I appreciate it any help Thanks!

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
I don't have anything on that particular board, you may find a deal on Ebay if lucky.
The green wire is for bonding the different metal frames of the printed cct boards, the metal of the boards should be bonded together and ultimately end up with the service GND coming from the power plug.
Max.

181maple

Joined Jun 14, 2017
Thank you MaxHeadRoom for the information.

Sorry if I ask a silly question because I don't know much about the printed cct board. I assume the other end of green wire should attach to a screw, but I saw there are 2 boards and each has 4 screws. Is there any way to find where is the connecting point?

Much appreciated.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Generally each board is earth bonded or linked together by a wire such as that, and you should also find a GND screw where the main/service earth ground connects to one of them.
Max.

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
Unless it inadvertently touched a live point, unfortunately a loose GND wire in itself is not usually a cause of the non-working of the board.:(
Max.

181maple

Joined Jun 14, 2017
Agree. It might not be the cause of the problem.

This treadmill was not being use much until 6 months ago, my son started running on it at 10mph (the max speed for this treadmill) for 20 minutes everyday before it stopped working recently. Also because I had no idea of how to maintain the treadmill, the treadmill was never lubricated. So I guess all of that caused the failure of the control board.