Treadmill circuit board fuse - help please

geeksy76

Joined Dec 18, 2020
Hi,

My treadmill belt was slipping so I opened it to adjust the motor board, accidentally a screw driver fell in to the circuit board while the power was on and a fuse on the circuit board blew. Salus lite treadmill, I can't find any information on the spares or the manufacturer.

So I bought from I looked online and Ebay, a foot lead fuse, T6.3AL250V, specically for treadmills (doesn't mention Salus) which looked similar to the blown fuse but I have ordered the wring size. New fuse is slightly thicker. longer, lead wire is slightly thicker than the blown fuse.

Although I have plenty of space around the board so fuse can still fit in and soldered, but I am unsure if this is safe. I have zero knowledge on these so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

Last edited:

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
It looks as if there is another hole that you could use, marked by a red arrow below. You need to check that the hole is connected and there are three possible ways of doing this.
1. Use a multimeter to check the pad for the 'new' hole is short circuit to the pad that you have the fuse connected to at the moment.
2. By seeing that the two pads are linked by a track.
3. By showing us a photo of the back of that corner of the board.

If you have already soldered the fuse in place and there is no possibility that anything can touch the fuse when everything is fitted, then I would say that it is OK as it is.

geeksy76

Joined Dec 18, 2020
Thanks for the quick reply, appreciated. Photo attached.
I haven't soldered the fuse yet so can change the hole if needed.

So, it is ok even though the new fuse appears slightly larger and thicker wire...?

Attachments

AlbertHall

Joined Jun 4, 2014
So it is clear from that picture that both holes are connected - probably the board was designed to be able to use either type of fuse.
The fuse would be better if it was fitted flush to the board which that extra hole would allow.