Transformer test bench

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Hello

Can anyone tell me what is use use of below transformer. I want to know where we used the combination of this type of transformers in industry

test_bench.png
  1. motorized auto transformer
  2. transformer 2000 A
  3. transformer 1000 A
  4. CT1
  5. CT2

vead

Joined Nov 24, 2011
Hi,

For one, motorized when we have a variac that is too big to turn by hand.
motorized auto transformer 240 v - transformer 2000A -- cable ----

there are the high current transformer 2000A, 1000A and the output end of transformer connected with cable. I have heared that this cable melt due to high temprature so we can set automation to control temprature of cable.

Is this test bench for that purpose ?

Hymie

Joined Mar 30, 2018
Motor driven variacs are normally used as voltage stabilisers – there should be some set point control which will allow the desired output voltage to be set within a range. The motor will then automatically adjust the variac setting to compensate for any change in input voltage or output voltage regulation due to a changing load.

Last edited:

Reloadron

Joined Jan 15, 2015
The panel on the right (with wheels) looks to use a manually adjusted variac transformer and a few panel meters likely AC Voltage and Current. There may be a current transformer in the box to the right of the variac (rear view).

The pictured transformers are immersion cooled as the expansion tanks are obvious but with unknown ratings. The background transformer has a nameplate but there is no way to read the nameplate data. They could be used in any number of industrial applications. Looking at the insulator size maybe around 6 or 7 KV primary and as to general size maybe around 40 to maybe 60 KVA but short of reading the nameplate data there is no way to know what they are.

I do not see how the panel on wheels to the right would be used with the transformers on the left in your image. Also rather than 1,000 Amp or 2,000 Amp transformers like this are generally given a KVA (Thousands of Volt Amps) ratings. The CT designations are generally given to Current Transformers used to measure the load current on a transformer.

Ron