Transceiver IC for TTL UART communication

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
Hi All,

Could anybody recommend me transceiver IC for TTL UART 3V3 which can support at-least 2.5m distance.

Thanks

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I assume that the logic at both ends of the link uses 0 to 3.3 volts signals. Is this correct ? Do you want to use a standard signal level for the link between the units such as RS232 or some none standard levels ? What baud rate is the link working at ?

Les.

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
I assume that the logic at both ends of the link uses 0 to 3.3 volts signals. Is this correct ? Do you want to use a standard signal level for the link between the units such as RS232 or some none standard levels ? What baud rate is the link working at ?

Les.
Yes logic level between two boards will be 3.3V over 2.5m distance.

Thanks,

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
I am still not clear on the signal levels on the cable between the two units. In post #4 it sounds like you want the signal level on the cable to be 3.3 volts. (The same as the logic levels in the devices at each end) In post #5 you say that you want RS232 levels on the link cable. If you want 3.3 volt levels then The solution suggested by dendad in post #3 is suitable. If you want RS232 then MAX3222
type devices should be suitable.

Les.

LesJones

Joined Jan 8, 2017
From the data sheet in the link I provided in post #7 page 1 shows the pinout and page 8 shows it connected to a UART.
R in is RS232 level
R out is logic level
T in is logic level
T out is RS232 level

Les.

mishra87

Joined Jan 17, 2016
I am still not clear on the signal levels on the cable between the two units. In post #4 it sounds like you want the signal level on the cable to be 3.3 volts. (The same as the logic levels in the devices at each end) In post #5 you say that you want RS232 levels on the link cable. If you want 3.3 volt levels then The solution suggested by dendad in post #3 is suitable. If you want RS232 then MAX3222
type devices should be suitable.

Les.
I want to make it very clear that :

I want two communicate between two microcontroller over 2.5m distance.
My logic level of both controller will 3.3V.
I do not want to go ahead with RS485/RS422 so lets not talk about that.
My finalized protocol is UART with transceiver. to do that i selected max3232 chip.

Hope this will clear your perception.

Many thanks

Last edited: