Traffic light newbie question: power

Todd W. Roat

Joined Jun 7, 2015
I just acquired a traffic light that appears in good shape, told by trusted source "it works", but it has no power to it yet. As a noob where should I start to, hopefully, get it converted to standard 110 household with a plug?

Will consider reprogramming the lights once I get it powered ;^)

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
I just acquired a traffic light that appears in good shape, told by trusted source "it works", but it has no power to it yet. As a noob where should I start to, hopefully, get it converted to standard 110 household with a plug?

Will consider reprogramming the lights once I get it powered ;^)
Does it have any circuitry inside or is it just bulbs?

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Read the labels on the lamps to see what they need for power.
Find out if it has anything in it that you can program.

ISB123

Joined May 21, 2014
You could remove the old electronics and install your own.Few components like relays,MCU,transistors would do the trick.

TheButtonThief

Joined Feb 26, 2011
Any information (a type plate maybe) fixed to the unit to give information regarding a power supply?

Otherwise, would need an idea of what the innards look like. For instance, are the lights illuminated from lamps or LEDs, are there any terminals inside for connecting a supply, does it appear to have it's own PSU (is there a transformer?), is there a PCB/control unit...?

Todd W. Roat

Joined Jun 7, 2015
Thanks everyone. I should know better than to ask vague questions. Will collect more info. Dont have it on hand, was just told they would be giving to me, hopefully this weekend. Wasnt sure if there were any known sites or how to on the topis: couldnt find one.