Tough and stiff switch

Andersons

Joined Sep 28, 2019
Hello, I’m looking for a strong high quality switch with very high actuation force, I will control two loads with it and need a center off position like this: ON-OFF-ON. A ON-ON-ON switch will work too. Number of poles doesn’t matter, rocker or toggle doesn’t matter. It need to be no bigger than ~30x30mm for height and length and ~20mm for width (preferable thinner). Can’t find what I’m looking for can you help me out?

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Hello there :)sorry but I must ask these questions what are the two loads and how much current do these two loads require and voltage AC or DC
Or both

LowQCab

Joined Nov 6, 2012
Why does it need high actuation force ?
Why does it need to be small ?
What are You trying to accomplish ?
There may be a better solution to your problem that your vague request does not suggest.

Andersons

Joined Sep 28, 2019
Hello there :)sorry but I must ask these questions what are the two loads and how much current do these two loads require and voltage AC or DC
Or both
They are DC-motors, I use the voltage and current from a 9v battery. The switch need to be able to handle the maximum current of a 9v battery.

Andersons

Joined Sep 28, 2019
Why does it need high actuation force ?
Why does it need to be small ?
What are You trying to accomplish ?
There may be a better solution to your problem that your vague request does not suggest.
I don’t want it to change position by accident, it need to handle strong vibration and physical force. It need to be small to fit in my application, there’s no better solution than a strong, small and stiff switch.

Ya’akov

Joined Jan 27, 2019
I have used this sort of switch many times. You have to pull up on the actuator to switch positions. There is a little pawl that engages recesses in the switches mounting collar and prevents operation otherwise. You would have to break the switch to operate it without puling up first. (I am not endorsing this seller, it is for an example, these are widely available)

1649577924610.png 1649578005669.png

MaxHeadRoom

Joined Jul 18, 2013
KB Electronics make a DPDT toggle switch that is made so it is impossible to go directly from FWD to REV in a motor circuit.
You have to physically release the switch first before it allows the opposite switch position.