Touchscreen LCD driver for 15.6 " 61FPN screen

Archer Thompson

Joined Nov 18, 2018
I have a 61FPN touch screen from an older dell inspiration. I have some projects I would like to use the screen for, but obviously the original driver was integrated in the motherboard. Where would I find a 40 pin driver with a what I assume is a 1980x1080 screen? I have searched for almost an hour and only could find stuff for 7" screens and under. Surely there has to be some out there and I am just not searching for the right thing. I could potentially use the original motherboard for the entirety of the main project I would like to do, but I would like to have the flexibility of just using it like a touch screen display for my pi3 also.

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
I have a 61FPN touch screen from an older dell inspiration. I have some projects I would like to use the screen for, but obviously the original driver was integrated in the motherboard. Where would I find a 40 pin driver with a what I assume is a 1980x1080 screen? I have searched for almost an hour and only could find stuff for 7" screens and under. Surely there has to be some out there and I am just not searching for the right thing. I could potentially use the original motherboard for the entirety of the main project I would like to do, but I would like to have the flexibility of just using it like a touch screen display for my pi3 also.
I am not that familiar with screen technology (I have only replaced it on notebooks).

This is my estimation:

The screen needs some connection between the 40 pin and an HDMI or VGA or whatever you will use as a cable to connect it to your new PC as an external monitor (I don't know if the touchscreen feature will work).

Normally the display is either connected through some 40 pin to HDMI converter (the driver as you call it) and goes to the motherboard video chip or is directly connected to the video chip.

If you can find the chip on the motherboard and give us a part number, picture or something else useful it can help.

I can look for some driver, but it may take me some time.

Edit:
I think this is what you are looking for, however I don't believe its for your monitor, it will take searching and the monitor's part number so I can find one.
https://www.cfcbazar.com/products/h...4tla1-led-screen-1366x768-lvds-40-pins-panel/

Last edited:

Archer Thompson

Joined Nov 18, 2018
I am not that familiar with screen technology (I have only replaced it on notebooks).

This is my estimation:

The screen needs some connection between the 40 pin and an HDMI or VGA or whatever you will use as a cable to connect it to your new PC as an external monitor (I don't know if the touchscreen feature will work).

Normally the display is either connected through some 40 pin to HDMI converter (the driver as you call it) and goes to the motherboard video chip or is directly connected to the video chip.

If you can find the chip on the motherboard and give us a part number, picture or something else useful it can help.

I can look for some driver, but it may take me some time.

Edit:
I think this is what you are looking for, however I don't believe its for your monitor, it will take searching and the monitor's part number so I can find one.
https://www.cfcbazar.com/products/h...4tla1-led-screen-1366x768-lvds-40-pins-panel/
It will be wednesday before I can get to the board because it is a it my parents house still, but I completely think to get the video chip number...guess that would have been a good idea. And yes that link is similiar to what I am looking for!

ArakelTheDragon

Joined Nov 18, 2016
It will be wednesday before I can get to the board because it is a it my parents house still, but I completely think to get the video chip number...guess that would have been a good idea. And yes that link is similiar to what I am looking for!
You also need the display part number, plus the motherboard driver chip if there is one. The whole point is to establish some communication between the 40 pins on the display and an HDMI or VGA connector for the PC. Also you will probably need some software drivers for the computer to recognize the display.

Archer Thompson

Joined Nov 18, 2018
Ok so looking at the motherboard again there is no chip that I can find that would drive the display. I also cannot see any obvious traces that lead back to the CPU(and intergrated GPU) but I assume they must be there.