Topo Map with flashing LED

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
Ignore Post # 329; after making some measurements my choice is Stream 15B with PNP, Post # 328. 4017 high output, lightly loaded, is just a few mV lower than VDD. With R of 1.5k, LED current is 2.6 mA / string, or 13 mA for each output. Vf of blue LED measured 2.7 V. Same blue diffused LED's as in video " Stream "; from Electronic Goldmine PN: G21376, 50 for $ 10.00.

lednoob

Joined Jan 13, 2016
Still looks OK. FET is only switching less than 100 mA.

Ok i'm planning on etching a board in a day or so. I didn't know if I should add more
Ignore Post # 329; after making some measurements my choice is Stream 15B with PNP, Post # 328. 4017 high output, lightly loaded, is just a few mV lower than VDD. With R of 1.5k, LED current is 2.6 mA / string, or 13 mA for each output. Vf of blue LED measured 2.7 V. Same blue diffused LED's as in video " Stream "; from Electronic Goldmine PN: G21376, 50 for $ 10.00.

Ah ok so PNP circuit in post 328 is good to go. I don't have to make any changes? I'll make the board today I hope after visiting my Mom.

Bernard

Joined Aug 7, 2008
I needed to order some parts from Electronic Goldmine & as this was the last day of sale, I picked up 60 diffused blue LED's for $ 12.00, yours if you want them.
I do not see any needed changes to Stream # 15A

lednoob

Joined Jan 13, 2016
I needed to order some parts from Electronic Goldmine & as this was the last day of sale, I picked up 60 diffused blue LED's for $ 12.00, yours if you want them.
I do not see any needed changes to Stream # 15A

Hey Jack, thanks for the offer but I have like 266 bright diffused LED's already. Just counted them. I'm gonna make you a package of stuff and send it to ya as soon as I complete this project.

lednoob

Joined Jan 13, 2016
I'm going to make my river a little longer, maybe will be able to see the whole blinking candle pattern.

Awesome! I would love to see the giant river! I hope to get the PCB done tomorrow are over the weekend. I am building the frame to hold the map. Just got back from seeing my Mom and need to catch some zzzzzz's so I can go back to see her in the morning.

lednoob

Joined Jan 13, 2016
Hi Jack, I'm still going to work on the projects. I have been dealing with my Mom who passed away 3 days ago. I'll be in touch

Steve

lednoob

Joined Jan 13, 2016
We all wish you peace and comfort at this most difficult time. Come back when you are able. AAC & Bernard.

Hey Jack i'm back. I've been working on then circuits. On this stream with the PNP's, I get pulse's from the timer up to the PNP base resistor. I don't get any pulses after that. Is it possible that the resistor is too high? I have a 3.9k. Attached is the schematic.

Attachments