Too short 00 time display with 4510 and 4511 based countdown timer

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
In many situations that I will meet the image I can't save it as I want, so I use the windows paint.exe to do the job, it will as below:
for example the size is 3200x2400.

1. Image/Attributes/W=3200,H=2400.

2. Adjust the image in the circuit wizard for more different part of circuits, and they should be included the whole circuits.

3. When you adjust the different part then using the Key "Print Screen SysRq" to copy the image and paste on the paint, and copy all of the circuit to the paint and combine them to a complete circuit, and cut the rest space.

4. When the circuit is ok then choose the menu File/Save file as/File type test.gif and press "Save".

If your computer system is different then you also can using some other softwares to do the similar things.

szabikka

Joined Sep 3, 2014
Hmm, I tried it, but Circuit Wizard is an a**hole in this context, even if I fully zoom in on the circuit and copy/paste it the lines come back distorted in the picture image. I think the only good solution would be to draw the circuit on a piece of paper and scan it or to draw it directly in paint.exe. I'll do it if I don't forget. But it'll take some time.

crutschow

Joined Mar 14, 2008
Hmm, I tried it, but Circuit Wizard is an a**hole in this context, even if I fully zoom in on the circuit and copy/paste it the lines come back distorted in the picture image. ....................
Does the image look okay in the Circuit Wizard display when it's zoomed in? If so it should look fine if you can use the Print function directly to a PDF file. (If you don't have that capability, there are several free programs that allow direct generation of a PDF using the print function).

szabikka

Joined Sep 3, 2014
Does the image look okay in the Circuit Wizard display when it's zoomed in? If so it should look fine if you can use the Print function directly to a PDF file. (If you don't have that capability, there are several free programs that allow direct generation of a PDF using the print function).
The lines look fine in Circuit Wizard when zoomed in, but the print command in the File menu is grayed out. I think it could only work if I had a printer. I'll try to look up a pdf generator program.

szabikka

Joined Sep 3, 2014
The lines look fine in Circuit Wizard when zoomed in, but the print command in the File menu is grayed out. I think it could only work if I had a printer. I'll try to look up a pdf generator program.
Well, I downloaded a program that acts as a printer and creates pdf files, but the print button is still grayed out... even if I set the creator as default printer. :( The pdf creator (even it's online version) throws back the print request as "file extension can't be handled".

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Do you know any free pdf program can be print the range out of the screen?

szabikka

Joined Sep 3, 2014
I think it is more readable now (if you download the file and zoom in on it). If it needs more enhancement I think I can make it, but will take time.
Downcounter.png

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
The circuit is clear now.
But next time when drawing the circuit, you have to shift the positions of the names of resistor and their values, otherwise they will mixed together.

szabikka

Joined Sep 3, 2014
Yeah, I noticed that. Will do with my next circuit. By the way, the mixed together resistor values are all 10k, and if the variable resistor at the 555 is set to 72k, then the frequency will be near 1 Hz with a nearly 500 ms high and a 500ms low output. A more accurate frequency can be achieved by using a piezo-crystal.