Tonight's Libation

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Gave up drinking 15 months ago, sleep better, my weight now at 157lbs.

Live long and prosper lol

kv
Trying to give it up, now.

Developed chronic vertigo and doc says it’s related to my alcohol consumption. Right now, I can’t drive and I’m pretty much homebound except for physical therapy and doctor appointments.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Trying to give it up, now.

Developed chronic vertigo and doc says it’s related to my alcohol consumption. Right now, I can’t drive and I’m pretty much homebound except for physical therapy and doctor appointments.
Did you suffer frequent ear infections as a kid? Fluid build up in the inner ear is common in some people - if the stagnant fluid is full of alcohol, you can kill the nerves in the semicircular canals of your inner ear.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
Did you suffer frequent ear infections as a kid? Fluid build up in the inner ear is common in some people - if the stagnant fluid is full of alcohol, you can kill the nerves in the semicircular canals of your inner ear.
Not that I know of.

It seems to affect the horizontal canal mostly. I start vestibular PT tomorrow. Apparently, therapists trained in VPT are rare. There are only two south of Boston.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Not that I know of.

It seems to affect the horizontal canal mostly. I start vestibular PT tomorrow. Apparently, therapists trained in VPT are rare. There are only two south of Boston.
I had a severe injury to my big toe (muscle and nerve damage) that impacted my balance. 20-years after the injury, a doctor realized I could benefit from a VPT. It helped. Maybe the specialty didn't exist when the injury happened.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Hi,

Wow, lots of alcoholics here (ha ha).

I used to drink beer about twice a month maybe a little more four times a month maybe a 6 pack or two during one month.
Somehow i stopped doing that not sure why though. Now i drink once every three months or something like that, maybe one beer.
Cant explain it.
When i go to Los Angeles i may drink more though, maybe one or two beers a day when staying with my friend there.

Sam Adams, Guinmess, Heineken, Fosters, Yuengling.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
Hi,

Wow, lots of alcoholics here (ha ha).

I used to drink beer about twice a month maybe a little more four times a month maybe a 6 pack or two during one month.
Somehow i stopped doing that not sure why though. Now i drink once every three months or something like that, maybe one beer.
Cant explain it.
When i go to Los Angeles i may drink more though, maybe one or two beers a day when staying with my friend there.

Sam Adams, Guinmess, Heineken, Fosters, Yuengling.
Im guessing you are watching less and less sports on TV vs when you were drinking more beer.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
During the lockdown, I started drinking more and more beer. I was up to two six packs of an IPA daily. I joined a craft beer club that rewarded you when you had 99 different IPAs.

All was fun and good. Until you realized that wasn’t good for your your health. So, I’ve been trying to cut back, even to the point of staying sober for a few months or even forever.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
During the lockdown, I started drinking more and more beer. I was up to two six packs of an IPA daily. I joined a craft beer club that rewarded you when you had 99 different IPAs.

All was fun and good. Until you realized that wasn’t good for your your health. So, I’ve been trying to cut back, even to the point of staying sober for a few months or even forever.
Being able to stop cold-Turkey for an extended period without major problems is a good sign.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Im guessing you are watching less and less sports on TV vs when you were drinking more beer.
Hi MrSalts,

Interesting you should say that because i used to watch tennis a lot more. But the players all changed so i think that had a lot to do with it. I miss the Agassi and Sampras years.

djsfantasi

Joined Apr 11, 2010
My participation in this thread hopefully is coming to a close. I have made a personal decision to abstain from alcohol.

Covid strained my relationship with alcohol. Isolated, I began to buy out my local packie’s inventory of my favorite beer which I then proceeded to consume in mass quantities.

Then my local pub had an ‘exclusive’ club which one earned membership by drinking 99 different varieties of craft beer. I completed the tsk in six weeks.

My addiction negatively affected my life. So I made a decision.

I’ve been sober a month now

Note: “packie” is Boston slang for your local beer, wine and licquor store.