Tonight's Libation

Disclaimer: The following is NOTHING to do with this site nor its administration/moderation!:)

@joeyd999 I'm tagging you as 'TS' of this thread and resident expert on potables! Tho all responses are welcome!

Please 'direct' me to a drink with ability to dispel the anger (make that fulminating rage) /depression all too commonly associated with dealings with ignorant and/or deceitful bureaucrats! --- Five hours sleep (despite 'medicinal assistance') in as many days is taking its toll!:(

Many advance thanks!
HP

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Disclaimer: The following is NOTHING to do with this site nor its administration/moderation!:)

@joeyd999 I'm tagging you as 'TS' of this thread and resident expert on potables! Tho all responses are welcome!

Please 'direct' me to a drink with ability to dispel the anger (make that fulminating rage) /depression all too commonly associated with dealings with ignorant and/or deceitful bureaucrats! --- Five hours sleep (despite 'medicinal assistance') in as many days is taking its toll!:(

Many advance thanks!
HP
Quick and easy: tequila shots. But @cmartinez -- I expect -- is more of an expert on this than me.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Quick and easy: tequila shots. But @cmartinez -- I expect -- is more of an expert on this than me.
Not at all... in fact, I believe I've already mentioned that I don't like tequila (except in a margarita, or a vampiro every blue moon or so) ...

But you're right... tequila is often the drink of choice for the frustrated and the desperate to help calm their anguish...

There's a difference between Tequila, and Mezcal... you know ... one's got the tubular annelyida, and the other one doesn't.
Then I take it that Tequila is the 'specimen free' spirit? -- Thanks! 'tis nice to know;)

Have you tried sex?
Indeed! - And on one occasion the 'sequela' was none other than a deserter known to all here as @Aleph(0):rolleyes: -- Need I say more?:rolleyes:

TTFN
HP

PS: @Aleph(0) -- Minding your BP?:p

Last edited:
Have you tried sex?
I mean, lately.
Such is one of several so-called 'simple pleasures' for which I've lost all interest! - Anyway, I get quite enough 'exercise' and exposure to pathogens in the course of my 'day job'!:rolleyes: -- Then too is the fact that I see nothing of 'beauty' nor the 'miraculous' in the human body (even under the best conditions)! But, rather, something analogous to a 'train wreck' bodged with elastic bands and duct tape...

But please don't confuse me with a misanthrope! -- 'Tis merely that I view the human mind as a priceless gem albeit execrably
mounted in a poor setting as of soft amalgam - surely to be lost (liberated?) in a paltry span of (often) less than ten decades...

Sincerely - 'recluse without portfolio'
HP:cool:

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Such is one of several so-called 'simple pleasures' for which I've lost all interest! - Anyway, I get quite enough 'exercise' and exposure to pathogens in the course of my 'day job'!:rolleyes: -- Then too is the fact that I see nothing of 'beauty' nor the 'miraculous' in the human body (even under the best conditions)! But, rather, something analogous to a 'train wreck' bodged with elastic bands and duct tape...

But please don't confuse me with a misanthrope! -- 'Tis merely that I view the human mind as a priceless gem albeit execrably
mounted in a poor setting as of soft amalgam - surely to be lost (liberated?) in a paltry span of (often) less than ten decades...

Sincerely - 'recluse without portfolio'
HP:cool:
Such a depressing post. I'm gonna go have a drink, now.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
Very best regards
My apologies if I offended you.
It was supposed to be a joke.
Anyhoo... My libation is believe it or not & don't laugh, the Martinez
That's right the Martinez.
Not quite a Manhattan and not quite a Martini, the Martinez uses "Old Tom," a slightly sweeter version of gin that debuted in the mid-1800s. For the authentic taste, ask for it by name.

- 1.5 oz Old Tom gin
- 1.5 oz sweet vermouth
- .25 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes Angostura or orange bitters
Stir ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. ;)

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
It was supposed to be a joke.
Anyhoo... My libation is believe it or not & don't laugh, the Martinez
That's right the Martinez.
Not quite a Manhattan and not quite a Martini, the Martinez uses "Old Tom," a slightly sweeter version of gin that debuted in the mid-1800s. For the authentic taste, ask for it by name.

- 1.5 oz Old Tom gin
- 1.5 oz sweet vermouth
- .25 oz Luxardo maraschino liqueur
- 2 dashes Angostura or orange bitters
Stir ingredients in a mixing glass with ice. ;)
LOL... If it's a Martinez... it's gotta be good!... ;)

By what stretch of logic did you arrive at that conclusion? - I perceive nothing offensive in your post{s} whatever:)

For my part, I apologize for my 'absenteeism' -- Please know that any 'attitude' owes merely to my exasperation with @Aleph(0)'s unreasonable expectations, difficulties (i.e. apparent uselessness) of the 'new' blog feature and --far and away-- the 'asperities' of 'off-line' life...

That said (Re: these fora) I'm ok with a shift to a pure Q&A (as opposed to a Q&A+project-oriented) format tho It'd be most appriciated was management to offer greater clarity in said regard... -- But then what with all 'going on' in the 'physical' world I can clearly see where such is as a 'mere nothing':cool:

Very best regards and please take care!
HP:)