Tonight's Libation

402DF855

Joined Feb 9, 2013
Just like that rotted milk curd called cheese
Cheese is actually fairly popular in Japan, perhaps due to McDonalds and American influence in general. I've wondered if the increase in dairy consumption is partly responsible for the increase in height you see in younger generations of Japanese. Might be better nutrition overall.

I don't drink it, but it is interesting that the Japanese have been winning awards for top quality whiskey. They sell a gazillion types of beer, all are just OK, and some of the sake's aren't so bad, especially if you pay a bit more. This one was pretty good. Traditionally they serve this sake in a box that spills into the plate; the idea is that the host has so much quality wine they can spill some and not care.12771751_10208733448353370_4453187052967732780_o.jpg

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hey you guys
I heard linguists have discovered the origin of the word vegetarian and it comes from a ancient plains Indian word meaning bad Hunter!
It seems that your acceptable daily intake was exceeded. You are kindly suggested to bring it to reasonable values and move the post to the jokes thread or, being serious, start one about languages or idiomatic questions.

Friendly mods could be found to help for a pair of beers.

Delta Prime

Joined Nov 15, 2019
I only come here for the beer, whats your excuse?
I am so angry right now I will tell you what my excuse is Mister Max headroom.
I exercise self-control and never touch a beverage stronger than gin before breakfast.
Ha!Ha!
No really... I drink to make other people interesting! That's my excuse for coming here.:rolleyes: I can't believe you ask me anything. I've been following you for years now, and other heavy hitters on this site. You have answered my questions by helping others who ask questions thank you and I don't want this to get all creepy but thank you again!!!!!!!!!!!!
c8402fe1fd468c565e80c71c5b7bf9bd.jpg

You and @Hypatia's Protege experiencing some weird variation of the McClintock effect?
Inasmuch as @Aleph(0) and myself reside several hundred miles distant and somehow fail to discuss our bodily functions when communicating, I very much doubt it;) -- That said, synchrony (of many physiological 'functions') is a genuinely interesting phenomenon and, IMO, worthy of further study...

As a weak albeit cogent example: Yawn! -- Bet I 'gotcha' at neigh on 2,000 Mi;):cool:

TTFN
HP

Last edited:
Peter Vella! Such a friendly fella:cool:!
Until some berk removes bag from box making wine seem like contents of catheter bag stolen from invalid's wheelchair:eek:!
Ya know? Sometimes I wonder if it pays to breathe!

First I learn that my --for all intents and purposes-- 'adopted son' (i.e. @Jazz2C) harbours 'romantic' sentiments for me -- Now I discover that my biological daughter (i.e. @Aleph(0) ) drinks wine out of a box!:eek:

Yeah! Yeah! I know! I've made my 'fair share' of 'cheap booze' jokes myself -- but then I somehow think @Aleph(0) is in earnest!?

And both these 'kids' are pushing 30 YOA - hard!

Where did I go wrong? (Tears)

Utterly crestfallen
HP:(