To whom it may concern and ESPECIALLY aleph(0)

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
My credibility seems to have come under question owing, it appears, to the behavior of member Aleph(0)...

I wish it known that I have PMed the Admin. with a request that he/she investigates this matter and 'recalls' the 'like' points granted by Aleph(o) if they are problematic... As I stated in my post to Aleph(0), her behavior seems to be that of an acquaintance having a joke --- Perhaps I'm making 'mountains of molehills' -- Still I'm certain you will agree that credibility is key to instruction/assistance, and, as a matter of pride, I have no desire to be 'seen' as some kid with nothing better to do than talk to myself for 'likes' on a technical forum!:rolleyes:

Aleph(0) -- Your next move is obvious!!!

Many thanks for your attention
HP

tshuck

Joined Oct 18, 2012
The 'likes' on this site are in no way indicative of a member's credibility, as each person has their own views of what merits a 'like' and what does not.

It is your time here, quality of answers, and your overall demeanor that lend to your credibility.

Stick around, the crucible of time will take care of your concerns.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
The 'likes' on this site are in no way indicative of a member's credibility, as each person has their own views of what merits a 'like' and what does not.

It is your time here, quality of answers, and your overall demeanor that lend to your credibility.

Stick around, the crucible of time will take care of your concerns.
Thank you for your reply
The 'likes' aren't the point (apart from the fact that they are 'suspicious' in that they supply a motive) -- The problem is the accusation of 'sock-puppetry' and I see the 'band wagon' lining up:rolleyes:

Best regards
HP

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Thank you for your reply
The 'likes' aren't the point (apart from the fact that they are 'suspicious' in that they supply a motive) -- The problem is the accusation of 'sock-puppetry' and I see the 'band wagon' lining up:rolleyes:

Best regards
HP
Seems you are the "Target" most haven't had any action with this Person in question. If it was me; I would press the ignore button and be done with it.

I believe you have humored them long enough.

kv

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
Seems you are the "Target" most haven't had any action with this Person in question. If it was me; I would press the ignore button and be done with it.

I believe you have humored them long enough.
kv
Your point is well taken.. Howbeit, at this point, I'm keen to learn who Aleph(0) is -- 'she' seems to know a lot -- too much -- about me...

With sincere gratitude
HP

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
You are missing a reference frame. Jane and the Dragon is where I saw this. "Like, like" means enamored.
The, "not like" part is its obvious translation.
So... You (or, rather, R!f@@) is saying that Aleph(0) either doesn't like me or that she (ardently) likes me...?:confused: --- Well I guess that's Boolean enough ;):cool:

Best regards
HP:)

Joined Nov 30, 2010
So... You (or, rather, R!f@@) is saying that Aleph(0) either doesn't like me or that she (ardently) likes me...?:confused: --- Well I guess that's Boolean enough ;):cool:

Best regards
HP:)
It makes perfect sense to me that so much attention is rarely lavished on one who is regarded merely with apathy.

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
It makes perfect sense to me that so much attention is rarely lavished on one who is regarded merely with apathy.
I 'hear' you -- 'Tis the 'so far east you're west' paradigm! --- Well, I'll tell ya, I can do without the 'intrigue' hopefully the mods will be able to garner some 'hard evidence' in my favor -- 'trolls' (if she, indeed, qualifies as such) tend to be 'careless' (IPs, Cookies, Email addys -- something) one can but hope:rolleyes:

Best regards
HP

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
We discuss this at length on ETO; identifying an IP bases on region only helps if that person always uses it; regardless of their Alias; they can create as many e-mail addresses and useless names for a profile. They can also pop around to internet cafe's, libraries, anywhere they need to get a connection preventing them from being found out.

Identifying them as a "Troll" is something completely different. I actually believed in the Threads Title they said it all; I was suspicious in the their second post. Meanhwile you continued to provided the much needed fodder to sink their battleship. You hoisted so much that it was clear they were full of it. :rolleyes:

kv

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
We discuss this at length on ETO; identifying an IP bases on region only helps if that person always uses it; regardless of their Alias; they can create as many e-mail addresses and useless names for a profile. They can also pop around to internet cafe's, libraries, anywhere they need to get a connection preventing them from being found out.

Identifying them as a "Troll" is something completely different. I actually believed in the Threads Title they said it all; I was suspicious in the their second post. Meanhwile you continued to provided the much needed fodder to sink their battleship. You hoisted so much that it was clear they were full of it. :rolleyes:
kv
Indeed I tend to be very 'tolerant' but only because I have no desire to give people 'the fast count' --- I, For instance, thought (I now believe wrongly) that "Don'tknow" and "Cludia94" were trolls -- only to change my mind when their respective intents 'took form' -- I just don't see the harm In granting the benefit of the doubt when the dubious participants are courteous and refrain from trouble-making! -- Then too it must be said that Aleph(0) has exhibited some knowledge of, and interest in, electronics (which, of course, does not necessarily equate to sincerity) --- With her avatar change, however, I too became highly suspicious owing to her chosen Avatar's uncanny resemblance to my daughter -- That, taken with other points enumerated in my last post to her [Aleph(0)] and, finally, her inquiry in regards to the 'niche subject' of 'home brew' high intensity ultrasonics was the proverbial the 'last straw' --- Moreover, with her aforementioned choice of Avatar, she, as I see it, 'crossed a line' via involvement (albeit indirect) of my family -- hence my desire to keep the channels open as it were -- While I'm not especially paranoid I should think anyone would understand my feelings as regards ascertaining her identity!

Meanwhile I ask those suspicious of me to consider the fact that I have *NOTHING* to gain by such 'duplicity' (save for, as I count them, a total of 5 'like' points...:confused:)
I find it especially inexplicable that my outspoken 'accusers' are veteran members in good standing?!

Let's just make it this: Please review my posts (located, principally, on the 'General Electronics Chat' forum) --- then ask yourself whether you really think I fit the 'profile' of an attention-seeking 'miscreant' 'playing' for five 'likes'?!

I put a great deal of sincere effort and time into my few weeks participation here! I feel I deserve better than a 'fast count' based upon whim and alleged parallel to past troublemakers... And NO! I will not apologize for my extension of courtesy toward those of whom certain others 'disapprove'... If civility = troll then sobeit.. 'Nuff said!!!

As always, respectfully
HP

Last edited:

Joined Nov 30, 2010
For me, the acid test for Trolls is that I notice my head feels like exploding.
That seems to work for Internet activities. It doesn't work in real life.
Just this morning, I dealt with two people that had me feeling like this:

Attachments

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
For me, the acid test for Trolls is that I notice my head feels like exploding.
That seems to work for Internet activities. It doesn't work in real life.
Just this morning, I dealt with two people that had me feeling like this:
Re: the image --- Hmmm... that could lead to a rather interesting hybrid!:D

Trouble with the described 'acid test' is that I have that feeling whenever I encounter obduration in the face of a language barrier (IOW ~70% of the posters:confused:;))

Best regards
HP

Last edited:

Hypatia's Protege

Joined Mar 1, 2015
I think that your stilted writing style may contribute to the suspicions that some have of you.
Sincere thanks for your input...

I assure you, and all interested parties, that this is my accustomed style of expression sans affectation, I would hope that any impression of pomposity is dispelled by my amiable nature... Also note that, for all that, I never mastered punctuation -- hence all the "..." and "---" :D

Seriously! Thank you for your reply!:)

Best regards
HP