TLTiny85 Question

PastorJeff

Joined Jun 13, 2020
What is the preferred method to have a variable output voltage from these types of chips?
I'd like to be able to vary the output from as close to 0 to the chips expected voltage out at
5vdc

Thanks

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What is the preferred method to have a variable output voltage from these types of chips?
I'd like to be able to vary the output from as close to 0 to the chips expected voltage out at
5vdc

Thanks
Don't know about preferred, but possible
  1. PWM to place a charge on a capacitor. Use the on board comparator or the 10-bit to monitor the capacitor voltage.
  2. Serial DAC with SPI or I2C interface.

Last edited:

PastorJeff

Joined Jun 13, 2020
I probably should have said what the output is. The chip is putting out a set of times pulses. Variable/ min

I just don't want the full 5 volts

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
I probably should have said what the output is. The chip is putting out a set of times pulses. Variable/ min

I just don't want the full 5 volts
If you don't want the full 5 volts you don't have to crank the duty cycle of the PWM up to 100%. Don't you know that you cannot change the value of the voltage across a capacitor instantaneously?

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
What makes you think all six aren't?
The TS has not said what else he wan'ts to do, and that is why we do not know what is or is not available. This is not uncommon in forum posts by newer users. It takes a while before they learn to include relevant information so the responses are as helpful as possible.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
Are you asking about the ATTINY85?
1594011575215.png
The 8 bit PWM outputs are pins 5 and 6. If you want to use a different pin you can bit-bang the PWM.

See section 13.8 of the datasheet.