TL866II EEPROM Programming Issues?

brettsrt

Joined May 9, 2019
Been using the TL866II PLUS Programmer for a few applications with no issues, always reads with no issues, but the last two types of chips i attempted to program it will not work, i am unable to write to GAL22VD10 but i can read, same with X28C64J i can read and save but no matter how many times i clear or program the data on the chip does not change, always the same as it always was any ideas on this? i have even tried to program 10 times in a row without clear but no success. i have also tried multiple of the same chips with no success. i was able to some how successfully write only 1 X28C64 chip randomly out of about 50 attempts but cannot get that to happen again... thing is driving me nuts

THANKS!

bwilliams60

Joined Nov 18, 2012
I don't have the Mini Prog data in front of me right now but did you check to make sure it was one of the supported chips? What was it out of? Are you sure all of your settings were correct? Any screenshots of your setup?

dl324

Joined Mar 30, 2015
i am unable to write to GAL22VD10 but i can read, same with X28C64J i can read and save but no matter how many times i clear or program the data on the chip does not change, always the same as it always was any ideas on this?
If you erase the devices explicitly, does it work?

Have you tried multiple GAL22VD10? Does it always fail in the same place? Have you tried different patterns?