Time dependent transfer function

HysteresisLoop

Joined Dec 19, 2019
Hi there!

I have a task to show the law (in time) of magnitude and phase shift of a transfer function for any circuit. I have to show it in Micro Cap or LTSpice.
Is it possible to solve the problem via packages I've listed above?
I need to plot something like graphs for magnitude vs time and phase shift vs time.

HysteresisLoop

Joined Dec 19, 2019
Thanks for your reply

I forgot to add that the circuit has time varying parameters and I need to visualise the alteration of magnitude and phase for each variation in dynamics.
Is an example: I have a typical RC (my real circuit is much more sophisticated) circuit and C is varying. The law of variation is discrete (C1, C2... CN) and I want to vary the value of capacitance each 1us in a random sequence and I need to calculate the law of magnitude and phase of transfer coefficient for all time the sequence is. If i would like to get the values in stable mode I could use a simple AC analysis but I actually need the dynamics.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
Thanks for your reply

I forgot to add that the circuit has time varying parameters and I need to visualise the alteration of magnitude and phase for each variation in dynamics.
Is an example: I have a typical RC (my real circuit is much more sophisticated) circuit and C is varying. The law of variation is discrete (C1, C2... CN) and I want to vary the value of capacitance each 1us in a random sequence and I need to calculate the law of magnitude and phase of transfer coefficient for all time the sequence is. If i would like to get the values in stable mode I could use a simple AC analysis but I actually need the dynamics.
It looks like MicroCap takes a time varying capacitor at least in the way i tested.
I did a simple C1 where the value was made 0.001*t Farads and it did change the outcome from when i just make it 0.001 Farads with no time variation.
To get a random sequence you might have to look into using Table values or something.
Hopefully the sequence is finite.