Time based Microcontroller

saiteja12

Joined Jan 4, 2017
I want to build a project. according to the given programmed time, the circuit must accept 230v supply to power the appliance. how to design it?

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
I want to build a project. according to the given programmed time, the circuit must accept 230v supply to power the appliance. how to design it?
Power supply that convert 230 down to 5 V or 3.3 V, what ever the micro you choose to work with. A RTC, Real Time lock, chip or software. Most any microprocessor will work. Arduino is friendly for first timers.
How many outputs do you want to control, what kind? How many inputs and what kind? This will help you determine what size Arduino you need.

saiteja12

Joined Jan 4, 2017
I want to show prototype as it was for the first time. So any output like an electric rice cooker/washing machine/tube light/or a fan. I want to control home appliances like e few mentioned above. So if I switch on a fan and set a timer for that,,at just that it must switches off. So in this way i want to build the circuit. So i need programming and components.

hp1729

Joined Nov 23, 2015
I want to show prototype as it was for the first time. So any output like an electric rice cooker/washing machine/tube light/or a fan. I want to control home appliances like e few mentioned above. So if I switch on a fan and set a timer for that,,at just that it must switches off. So in this way i want to build the circuit. So i need programming and components.
Well you are in the right place to get a start. If I gave you a schematic could you build from that? Is a microcontroller design needed? A simple function as this really doesn't need it.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Based on those requirements I think that any part you pick will work fine. For controlling AC devices I suggest you investigate the Solid-State Relay. They can be driven from a 3.3V or 5V source and provide isolation from the AC circuit.

Good Luck with your project