Those Gosh Darn Ancient Aliens

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I think it's a matter of physics not technology. The limitation of the speed of light is universal as far as we know. Some speculate that the UFO/alien phenomena is real but are actually humans from the future. While likely absurd this seems much more plausible than aliens spending the time and energy traveling through interstellar space.
Hello again,

I agree with everything you said in this thread except that.
My take on this is how can we discuss physics that we dont even know about yet.

Dr Michio Kaku had something similar to say about time travel, but i have no doubt he would think the same thing for faster than light travel.
What he said was when he mentions time travel to his colleagues they chuckle. Then he went on to think, they are probably thinking 100 years into the future so they have 100 years head start on us, but what about a civilization that is a MILLION years ahead of us. There is no way to know what can come of this epoch it's just impossible to guess except for amusement.
For example, we can speculate that any civilization that survives long enough eventually either destroys itself by maybe greed, or gets taken over by another civilization, so the science for actual time travel or speed of light travel never can be completed. If that's not true though, then it can have time.

Keep in mind that not THAT long ago entangled particles were unheard of ... nothing can travel faster than the speed of light. But somehow they can communicate over vast distances instantly.

Until we understand more about the universe we wont be able to do some things, but if we one day understand we might then be able to do things then we cant do today.

What if we one day learn to conduct experiments and get results, then go back in time yet keep those results intact. Eventually we would learn everything we could ever know and it could even be the same person doing this. Multiple people could work in different fields and get results and still be alive to see the fruition of the theories and technology.

jpanhalt

Joined Jan 18, 2008
I think it's a matter of physics not technology. The limitation of the speed of light is universal as far as we know. Some speculate that the UFO/alien phenomena is real but are actually humans from the future. While likely absurd this seems much more plausible than aliens spending the time and energy traveling through interstellar space.
Maybe, maybe not. See this from @nsaspook :https://forum.allaboutcircuits.com/threads/reactionless-drives.104359/page-12#post-1512435

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I find the theories fascinating I have a child like view which includes the possibility of aliens in the universe as well as other universes. USOs or UFOs, are thought provoking, when I think of our planes in the future lets say aircraft in the year 20k knowing our changes over 50 years it seems to me technology will advance beyond reasonable understanding, heck what would today look like to someone in the early 1800’s.

kv

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
So if nothing can escape a black hole, how do you get out of it when you reach the other place? ;)
It is actually interesting to think about that and other thought experiments.

The black hole has unusual properties pertaining to gravity for one. Think about this one..
If you were falling into a black hole, and could somehow survive the trip, you would experience a continuous falling and falling with no end to it. That's because as you fall time slows down but you perceive it to be normal time. So to you it looks like you are falling and falling but to an outside observer if there could be such a thing they would see you slowing down. But even when you slow down to a mere tiny babies crawl like 1 inch per year, you would still perceive it as normal when to the outside world it would look very much like you were standing still.

ElectricSpidey

Joined Dec 2, 2017
Here is one for you.

The universe is a closed system, right. And as we know space is not nothing, but an actual something. So the galaxies are flying apart from each other because space is being created between them.

How does that not break the laws of thermodynamics?

402DF855

Joined Feb 9, 2013
but what about a civilization that is a MILLION years ahead of us
I've seen his interviews, he refers to a Q like technology for the Trekkies. A counter argument might the fact that scientists are actually baffled that we've found no evidence of alien life anywhere. Looking out a million years it's difficult to do anything but speculate fantasies. My personal hypothesis is that some millions of years from now our galaxy will teeming with life forms, some advanced, some vegetative, all or most of which originated on Earth. Many civilizations will exist that have no idea where their species began.
as you fall time slows down but you perceive it to be normal time
I've heard you'd be fried by X rays as the ambient radiation changes frequency.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I've seen his interviews, he refers to a Q like technology for the Trekkies. A counter argument might the fact that scientists are actually baffled that we've found no evidence of alien life anywhere. Looking out a million years it's difficult to do anything but speculate fantasies. My personal hypothesis is that some millions of years from now our galaxy will teeming with life forms, some advanced, some vegetative, all or most of which originated on Earth. Many civilizations will exist that have no idea where their species began.I've heard you'd be fried by X rays as the ambient radiation changes frequency.
Oh i have no doubt there would be deadly consequences that's why i covered all the bases with, and i quote myself:
"If you were falling into a black hole, and could somehow survive the trip ..."
By simple logic if you could survive the trip then you didnt get killed by anything :)

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
You would have to trick the Universe into the fact that you are the Black Hole, or you control space time and can pierce space time and bend it or fold it.

kv

Edit: No current Tech or Math can prove it, it’s just a thought experiment for a of Tech that doesn’t exist in our current time.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
I saw that, I was merely mentioning something I find interesting. Also, I wonder if you are travelling head first into the black hole could you watch your feet grow old? :)
Yeah ha ha, and how about a baby that is going feet first. He has tiny legs and feet and toes but has a long beard and crows feet (har har). :)

So yeah i guess there would be a time gradient as well as a huge gravity gradient and thus a large differential length gradient. Could be nuts to see any of this stuff.
They do some crazy stuff on that show "Rick and Morty" if you've ever seen it.