This is why I want to own a Space Station

Berzerker

Joined Jul 29, 2018
First of all you'd need a space station, death star....yada, yada, yada.
I would like a BILLION dollars
Wish in one hand, crap in the other and lets see which one fills up faster

Brzrkr

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
SPACE STATION ? ? ?

I wish I had another planet to go to. Leave this foolish place behind.

The two worst things I hate dealing with are 1) Stupidity, and 2) Stupid people who think they are the epitome of knowledge.

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
SPACE STATION ? ? ?

I wish I had another planet to go to. Leave this foolish place behind.

The two worst things I hate dealing with are 1) Stupidity, and 2) Stupid people who think they are the epitome of knowledge.
All planets are very likely filled with the same type of people so unless you want to live as a hermit on an asteroid this is what you get. The earth is just a typical example in the universe.

You can't escape the farce.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I suppose you're all correct. Human nature is probably rooted in nature itself.

OK - I want a space ship that can explore and locate remote planets capable of supporting life. Then I and I alone get to decide who can come to my planet. One main prerequisite is that you have to have a substantial IQ in order to qualify. Stupid people are not welcome. Those who come would need to be civic minded and community oriented. Like when a neighbor calls and says "I'm having trouble starting my car". Incidentally, no cars. No combustion of any kind. Except maybe for the occasional fire in the community square fire pit. OK, trouble starting your car. "I can help." Or "Can I help?"

Yes, I get to decide who comes to my planet and who doesn't. No room for politics. Now THERE's an appropriate term: "Politics". Comes from two words - "Poly" meaning many, and "Ticks" meaning bloodsuckers.

Nope. If you can't be civil then you're not welcome. All electric living. Solar and wind. Hydro where feasible. Homes built from the land. No hazardous materials. Log homes and Adobe homes. Anything else natural and sustainable. Heck! Even Bamboo would work. Thatch roofing worked nice enough for many years before the industrial revolution. There ARE ways to live sustainable. Just don't want buffoons and ButterSquashNuts running around.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
Oooooh. My wife made manicotti the other night for dinner. It had some sort of
ButterSquashNut
sauce on it. Bleah!o_O:eek:

I agree, leave squash on planet Earth! :rolleyes:

But seriously, we're kinda stuck here. Gotta deal with stupid all the time. Take a deep breath and hope you'll survive.

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
I jokingly reiterate butternut squash a little differently and apply buttersquash "NUT" to someone famous. And somewhat orange as well, just as butternut squash is somewhat orange too.

Lo_volt

Joined Apr 3, 2014
I jokingly reiterate butternut squash a little differently and apply buttersquash "NUT" to someone famous. And somewhat orange as well, just as butternut squash is somewhat orange too.
Caught that. There is indeed a striking similarity in color, temperament and IQ. But never let it be said that I could pass up an opportunity to play on words. :D

nsaspook

Joined Aug 27, 2009
:rolleyes: This is why these Utopian dreams will never happen. The lizard brain section of humans will never be totally suppressed. Monsters from the Id.

Last edited:

Tonyr1084

Joined Sep 24, 2015
@nsaspook LOVE that movie. Have it on DVD somewhere. Another great Sci-Fi is "The Day The Earth Stood Still". Oh - oh - oh, and one more: War of the Worlds - the ORIGINAL! Not the Tom Cruise remake. The remake just doesn't do it for me. Same goes for the remake of The Day The Earth Stood Still. Little too much suspension of disbelief.

The last remake of The Time Machine was pretty well done. A little deviated from the original, but there needed to be some deviation. Nuclear war bringing about mother nature erupting with volcanos. Again, a little too much suspension of disbelief. But back then movies were a little less sophisticated.

Last edited: