This is an EdSim simulator program and it might be different from the real 8051 microcontroller assembly language used.

Joel Ong

Joined Nov 23, 2019
  • Combine the transmit and receive programs to send back the data received from the external UART. In other words, whatever is sent from the UART Tx window should appear in the UART Rx window.

Attachments

Joel Ong

Joined Nov 23, 2019
hi Joel,
Do you have a question.?
E
Erm ya, I would like to know how to modify the transmit and receive programs shown in picture so that the data received from the external UART can be sent back. In other words, whatever is sent(typed) from the UART Tx window can appear in the UART Rx window.
Picture2.png

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
Is the "external UART" the same or different from the one that is part of the 8051 core with register SBUF, in the SFR (Special Function Register) space?

Joel Ong

Joined Nov 23, 2019
Is the "external UART" the same or different from the one that is part of the 8051 core with register SBUF, in the SFR (Special Function Register) space?
If not mistaken it is the serial port of the 8051, the TXD and the RXD and the text typed in the Tx window will sent and appear in the Rx window.

Papabravo

Joined Feb 24, 2006
If not mistaken it is the serial port of the 8051, the TXD and the RXD and the text typed in the Tx window will sent and appear in the Rx window.
I never meant to imply that anybody was mistaken. I only wanted a clarification on the number of UARTs involved since the word "external", implied to me, "outside of the processor core". The reason I might think that is because I have used 8051's with external UARTs like the MAX3100, two of them in fact.

So the first thing you need to do is get rid of the busy waiting in the RX and TX routines.