This girl in class

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
I don't know, things like replicators, teleporters, holodecks, shuttlecraft, lack of true aerodynamic design on space craft were all hall marks of Star Trek, and basically much higher tech than anything I saw on Star Wars. The only thing missing from Star Trek was bots, and I'm not counting Data (which is basically also superior to everything shown on Star Wars). Weapon ranges on the old series was a lot more real too.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I don't know, things like replicators, teleporters, holodecks, shuttlecraft, lack of true aerodynamic design on space craft were all hall marks of Star Trek, and basically much higher tech than anything I saw on Star Wars.
I'm not talking about the technology in the films, I'm referring to the special effects--the technology used to make the films. That's what I look at when I judge sci-fi.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
By that metric, the Star Wars Christmas special should have been better than the original Star Wars. :eek:
Okay, I didn't think I had to specify this, but I guess I do. I judge the technology used to make the films based on the time period during which they were used. So newer technology doesn't always beat older technology in my book.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
I'm not talking about the technology in the films, I'm referring to the special effects--the technology used to make the films. That's what I look at when I judge sci-fi.

You can't compare them, 2 separate Universes.

I guess Star Trek could find Star Wars Universe boldly going.......

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I am too, to be fair go get the original versions before GL remastered the originals and cleaned the film, added a bunch of CGI. You compare raw filmes
Star Wars V to Star Trek The Motion Picture. I think if you watch both originals Star trek might even beat star wars. The remastered ones no.

Brownout

Joined Jan 10, 2012
I don't care much for either SW or ST, except for the few original Roddenberry produced episodes that aired back in the 60's. Those shows had messages. Everything else was just fluff.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
I am too, to be fair go get the original versions before GL remastered the originals and cleaned the film, added a bunch of CGI. You compare raw filmes
Star Wars V to Star Trek The Motion Picture. I think if you watch both originals Star trek might even beat star wars. The remastered ones no.
I've seen the original films, not remastered. I just happen to prefer Star Wars.

DerStrom8

Joined Feb 20, 2011
Thats cool, their both iconic flix so its like comparing Batman and Superman. Batman being Starwars, more dark, and gothic. Supermans more fluffy and do the right thing. But they are both icons.
Well put! I happen to prefer Batman too, simply because of the "cool factor" :D

You just know your going to watch them both, in the future?

Even when they suck.
I'm sorry?

takao21203

Joined Apr 28, 2012
Everyone back to work! Takao's beetle posts are the only ones worth anything!
Hey. There are heaps with carcasses piled up. Now only smaller heaps since I removed most of the stuff some months ago and put all the edible stuff into one bag. Not just bread, really various food remains.

The spiders relocated, saw them wandering around sometimes. They sit everywhere in dark corners, some are hudge.

All reclusive, not biting.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Hey. There are heaps with carcasses piled up. Now only smaller heaps since I removed most of the stuff some months ago and put all the edible stuff into one bag. Not just bread, really various food remains.

The spiders relocated, saw them wandering around sometimes. They sit everywhere in dark corners, some are hudge.

All reclusive, not biting.
I really hope you are kidding us. If not, you have some serious issues going on with yourself and you really should consider seeking some help.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I've seen original and remastered Star Wars and prefer the originals.
Han shot first!
I agree, I wish they would have just cleaned the original and not added all the CG. I would be cool with that, they need to remaster and clean as many films for HD as fast as possible because film degrades year by year. I know TMC and The Oscar people cut a deal for TMC to remaster all the oscar winners and air them on TMC, which is great for them because they will be able to sell the DVD's. Just lately I've gotten into 60's and 70's movies and westerns. Have become a big fan of Yul Bynner.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Just read their gonna start another whole new Star Wars franchise for the movies. Their gonna be stand alone so they won't be part of Episode 1-9.