This girl in class

jaygatsby

Joined Nov 23, 2011
She's really big and sits in the back row. So do I, so she slides past behind me every class. I felt sorry for her so I always squeezed and gave her room. Today she said 'excuse me' so I replied in kind. Poor girl.

Now, she just pulled out a coke and rice crispy treat. Should I continue feeling sorry and being polite?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Yes! You don't know if its a medical condition, genes, just likes too eat, or whatever. No need to feel sorry for her though. Don't even consider her size or weight. Just treat her like a person. If shes a bitch, shes a bitch! If she's cool, you may make a friend.

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Since it seems you guys don't check the user titles, jaygatsby was banned permanently yesterday on the premises of disrupting the forum serenity and spamming (don't I sound like a little dictator...). You can stop being polite and answering to his posts. Or whatever was the reason that you replied to him in the first place.

The ban took so long because no hard regulation of AAC was being broken. I might say I went a bit outside of the book, but it was necessary.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
Then he started out in this forum. He was asking about electronics related stuff. But then he went over to the dark trolling side. I saw some improvements the last week. But anyway in the end, it would have ended like this sooner or later.

hexreader

Joined Apr 16, 2011
Thank you very much Georacer,

It is great to be rid of this irritating little troll.

And no, you do not sound like a dictator. You have made the forum a much better place.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Geioracer!

There are forum members that are much younger on this forum and exhibit much more maturity than jaygatsby.

t06afre

Joined May 11, 2009
To be honest the regular member that recently choosed to leave. Made me 1000 times more upset than this member. As I several times noticed that the latter member used obvious racism motives to pick on other members way to often. And got away with it. Ok is was somewhat camouflaged But not very good. jgatsby was much more in harmless way just pure annoying

Georacer

Joined Nov 25, 2009
Nope, it was a permanent ban. He states that in his goodbye thread. We just had the courtesy to give him a week's time to say his goodbyes, since he was a long time member.

Nope, it was a permanent ban. He states that in his goodbye thread.
Sorry to hear that Audioguru is no longer on the site. There are so few analog guys out there and his personality was not dissimilar from others that I have had the pleasure to meet. No details wanted, this is just the first I have heard this. I don't get to the site that often anymore.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I hope I don't eventually get so grouchy that I can't contain it.
Oh wait...I have. I just take a few weeks off from AAC when I get that irritable.
So far, I have chosen to, "vacation" before the mods encouraged me.

This is my "vacation" from all of the other things going on. I have yet to spend enough time here to get disrupted by any of the people, but definitely understand people when they do.

It is amazing how many names have changed over the past several years. You definitely get use to seeing the names and responses so when they leave it is definitely noticeable.