Thin Client Computer

Mike_shams71

Joined Jul 31, 2015
I wish to design and prototype a thin client computer with minimum computing, AI receptive, capable to get trained to decode data from the host, cheap (no raspberry pi). Any idea?
Thanks

eetech00

Joined Jun 8, 2013
I wish to design and prototype a thin client computer with minimum computing, AI receptive, capable to get trained to decode data from the host, cheap (no raspberry pi). Any idea?
Thanks
A thin client these days is basically a “dumb graphic terminal” and shares its screen and keyboard with the host. There are plenty of Linux based terminals available you could use to experiment.

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
Thanks
cheaper than a USD 20 Pi ?

Deleted member 115935

Joined Dec 31, 1969
RPi is not a thin client.

Totlay agree,
my point was , may be a little to obtuse,
that the OP orriginaly refered to no Rpi,
and they also stated they wanted a cheap sollution

My point was that a Rpi is cheap

As you and I know , a thin client is a screen / keyboard system, that talks to a central / shared processor system,
the thin client is itself now days a small computer ,
In days of the DEC VT100 etc, there were no small processors, and lots of logic chips were used,

1625127239218.png

To do that now would be VERY expensive, the PCB on its own would cost more than the Rpi,

So I was stating that IMHO , a Rpi would be the way to go , and much cheaper than other options unless you were making millions of ,and made your own ASIC