The storm

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
In a few billion years we will be absorbed in that red drawf we use to call our SUN.

No amount of human activity to save the earth will prevent that.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Talking about red dwarfs, has anyone seen the new series Red Dwarf X?
It's good to see it back after so many years.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
Ya' got to love that contribution to the global warming.
Global warming, the hint is in the name. The mean temperature rises, local temperatures will vary.

It is very real that some places will get much colder, as anyone with a basic knowledge of ocean and atmospheric currents will know. Global warming upsets the movements of these currents.

Over here, we have milder winters than the continent does, despite being further north. This is due to the gulf stream, which blows 'warm' air over us all year long. An increase in temperature would move this current further north, meaning our winters will get much colder. This is exactly what is happening, and people will no understanding of these currents come out with that exact same thinking.

It's like sitting in the sahara and saying, "so much for flooding in the US".

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
You certainly can't be suggesting that the "contribution" to global warming from this area is disregarded and the scientists are "cherry picking" the values for maximum political effect.

Sparky49

Joined Jul 16, 2011
What?

Lots of the workings of air currents were figured out by the Japanese during ww2 to bomb the US with balloons. We know how they work, the figures can be measured by just about anyone, and the results are seen.

The debate on wether climate change exists really is over, Joe. Wether or not it is down to humans is where it is at.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
I hope you are not talking about my place. Really don't need it much colder.....;)
And my plan is to keep it cold. I'm petitioning my congressmen to divert funds from the wall on our southern border to build a wall on the northern border to keep that jet stream up in Canada where it belongs.

I figure it is going to have to be at least 10K meters tall.

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
The debate over climate change will never be over as it is discussed every day when the temperature changes ... up or down.

Global warming is an entirely different subject. I know the Global Warming crowd likes to call it climate change these days. What are they going to do when the temperature decreases without an identifiable "industrial change" to celebrate?

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
I wasn't even looking at it as global warming I thought 30f for early Nov was cold almost anywhere ,more so in S. Florida.

Loosie will back me up when he's on a 0 instead of a 1.

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
I just took a video trip across New FoundLand,New Bunkwick and many others.

I had never heard of daily 43 foot tide ,a Titantic grave yard in NewFoundLand.

Fiddles being entertainment in Norway,a Hardanger fiddle and Telemark,Norway

to name a few,a lot of good history. A young woman was narrating , a fresh

look at history,that alot of you guys live every day. @ Georacer , What is the

Si agenda.