The pets of AAC...

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Anyone here knows of a good way to deter dogs from dumping their stuff (feces, defecation, s***ing... you get the point) on one's front yard?
Are there any chemicals or is there some sort of scarecrow method of keeping them away from your property?
I'm having trouble with some dogs (and their owners) and they've taken my front yard as their own pet-personal toilet.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
When a domesticated dog gets the message that a wolf posted, he knows he is out-classed, wets himself, and goes home. They usually don't slow down enough to poop.

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I have wondered if my urine would repel dogs. :rolleyes:
I do out-class most domesticated dogs. :p
Would you like to do that experiment for me...only use your own urine, not mine. :D

Joined Nov 30, 2010
Seriously. I have seen Great Pyrenees dogs go lay down on the front porch rather than stay on guard after they know wolves have arrived.

I have also been in a moment when I believed I was being attacked. I barked back, and when I got to the top of the stairs, a Laborador was laying on his back peeing on himself.

Apparently, I speak Dog. :cool:

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Seriously. I have seen Great Pyrenees dogs go lay down on the front porch rather than stay on guard after they know wolves have arrived.

I have also been in a moment when I believed I was being attacked. I barked back, and when I got to the top of the stairs, a Laborador was laying on his back peeing on himself.

Apparently, I speak Dog. :cool:
I once barked back too... and got bit. It was unpleasant.
It's the smell of Windex (ammonia) that I've seen most scares dogs away... especially when sprayed on their noses...
but I can't spray my entire front yard with ammonia!

JoeJester

Joined Apr 26, 2005
I know some hunters, who have to backpack their "harvested meat" out of the wilds will urinate around their kill to keep the wild animals away while they backpack out the first 100 lbs of their kill. This usually was in the mountains where your ATV can't go.

Cmartinez, I would recommend you harvest your own urine and distribute it from a jar vice it's natural container. I do believe distributing urine from it's natural container will get the police looking for you.

Last edited:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
I do believe distributing urine from it's natural container will get the police looking for you.
Thanks for the advice... I wonder if they'd let me off with a warning if I were to explain the details...
Anyway, how long would you think the scent would last before it fades off?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
bertus Off-Topic 39