The Jokes thread

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I don't either, I'm a "Truth Social" guy myself. I got that address by Googling.
They didn't have Dad Jokes there. They just have jokes about three little pigs (Eric, Don and the other one) and they seem to ignore the fourth and hope she goes away. And they are waiting to make jokes about the fifth until he's no longer a minor. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure people ("Truthers"?) are making jokes about them or if they are just so idiotic on their own that it makes a Truthers laugh.

Ylli

Joined Nov 13, 2015
A psychiatrist in Canada was conducting a group therapy session with four young mothers and their small children. "You all have obsessions," he observed.

To the first mother, (from Ontario) Mary, he said, "You are obsessed with eating. You've even named your daughter Candy."

He turned to the second Mom, (from Manitoba) Ann: "Your obsession is with money. Again, it manifests itself in your child's name, Penny."

He turned to the third Mom, Joyce (from BC): "Your obsession is alcohol. This too shows itself in your child's name, Brandy."

At this point, the fourth mother, (from Newfoundland) Carol, quietly got up, took her little boy by the hand, and whispered, "Come on, Dick, this guy has no idea what he's talking about. Let's pick up Peter and Willy from school and go get dinner.

DickCappels

Joined Aug 21, 2008
The classic nursery rime, Old Mother Hubbard, teaches that sometimes life is less than grand. The rhyme as I learned it is a less violent and gruesome version of the original that had slipped into obscurity. In recasting the events of Ms. Hubbard and her hound, only a couple of words needed to changed in order to make the rhyme acceptable to children.

The Children's version of the classic nursery rhyme as I learned it:

Old mother hubbard,
Went to the cupboard,
To give her poor dog a bone;

When she came there,
The cupboard was bare,
And so the poor dog had none.

The original version of the nursery rhyme:

Old sister hubbard,
Went to the cupboard,
To give her poor dog a bone;

When she came there,