The Jokes thread

WBahn

Joined Mar 31, 2012
Just did. Trying to get a copy of my daughter's new birth certificate. Called the state agency that handles that at 8:29 AM and get a recording telling me that their offices are new closed and to call back during their normal business hours, which start at 8:30 AM. So I hang up and immediately call again and this time I get into their system and get put on hold, where I am told that all of their representatives are busy handling other customers and my call will be answered in the order it was received. Forty minutes later, in the middle of yet another announcement telling me this, they disconnect me.

But the worst one I ever had was with the VA shortly after I got out and went back to school. After several attempts to get in touch with them had failed because I just couldn't stay on the line any longer, I called them just before lunch one day and was willing to skip my afternoon classes if that was what it took. I sat there on hold all afternoon (doing my homework, so the time wasn't completely wasted) and at 5 PM sharp, I get a recording telling me that their offices are now closed and to call back during their normal business hours.

I wasn't mad. I wasn't upset. I.....was....livid.

Never did get ahold of anyone and finally just gave up.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
If cars followed Moore's law they would cost $100, get a 1000 miles a gallon and be the size of a matchbox.
The size of a matchbox for $100? I had a a Ford Mustang the size of a matchbox that cost 88¢ back in 1968. In fact, it was a Hot Wheel - my girlfriend gave it to me as a joke. So, the only thing that was missing 55-years ago was the 1000mpg

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
And if they were manufactured by Microsoft, they'd blow up once a year killing everyone inside.
One may have to turn it off and reboot the car after you get the "blue steering wheel of death" but I've never heard of a Microsoft product exploding. Can you post a link - I'd like to learn more.

shortbus

Joined Sep 30, 2009
One may have to turn it off and reboot the car after you get the "blue steering wheel of death" but I've never heard of a Microsoft product exploding. Can you post a link - I'd like to learn more.
You need to understand who he is both a devotee of ----p and a linux elitist. :)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
killivolt Off-Topic 10
KL7AJ Off-Topic 1
Sparky49 Feedback and Suggestions 4
electronis whiz Off-Topic 2
electronis whiz Off-Topic 1