The Jokes thread

ThePanMan

Joined Mar 13, 2020
Cousins. How'd that "E" get in there. And who stole my "U"? Honestly, it's late here; almost 9:30 PM. The time at which I start burning the midnight oil.

MrAl

Joined Jun 17, 2014
New Jersey - the garden state. Coz they all drive like bloomin' idiots.

Just kidding. New Jersey residents - one of my cosines lives there.
Hey You! Dont ye be mocking out New Jersey !!
Unless of course you want to be like everybody else in the world including but not limited to myself (ha ha).

NJ does have some good things though, so it's not all bad.

ThePanMan

Joined Mar 13, 2020
Hey You! Dont ye be mocking out New Jersey !!
I'm confident you see the JOKES thread as just that - jokes. I've had family live in NJ. Been there a number of times. One memory stands out - - - driving southbound on I-95 on a warm sunny day. Traffic was extremely light. All I could see was a pickup truck about half a mile ahead of me. Glanced in the side view mirror and saw a pair of headlights more than a mile back. Ignored it. Back then the speed limit was 55 MPH. I was doing 70. So was the PU Truck. Not long those headlights caught up to me. As I glanced out the side window it was a state trooper. Looked down at my speedo and figured there was no sense in taking my foot off the gas and commit an act of admission of guilt by slowing down, so I maintained 70. He mildly cruised past me, totally unconcerned. Passed the PU Truck too. Didn't bother either of us.

Another fond memory of NJ was my cousin's blueberry farm. Picking blueberries with my cousins and having a BB fight. I vaguely remember the beach - hey I was even younger then than I am now. Pan isn't supposed to grow old, but the bones don't seem to realize who we are.

MrSalts

Joined Apr 2, 2020
I'm confident you see the JOKES thread as just that - jokes. I've had family live in NJ. Been there a number of times. One memory stands out - - - driving southbound on I-95 on a warm sunny day. Traffic was extremely light. All I could see was a pickup truck about half a mile ahead of me. Glanced in the side view mirror and saw a pair of headlights more than a mile back. Ignored it. Back then the speed limit was 55 MPH. I was doing 70. So was the PU Truck. Not long those headlights caught up to me. As I glanced out the side window it was a state trooper. Looked down at my speedo and figured there was no sense in taking my foot off the gas and commit an act of admission of guilt by slowing down, so I maintained 70. He mildly cruised past me, totally unconcerned. Passed the PU Truck too. Didn't bother either of us.

Another fond memory of NJ was my cousin's blueberry farm. Picking blueberries with my cousins and having a BB fight. I vaguely remember the beach - hey I was even younger then than I am now. Pan isn't supposed to grow old, but the bones don't seem to realize who we are.
If everyone drives twice the speed limit, it takes half the time to get home and there will be half the number of cars in the road at any given time compared to the case where everyone drives the speed limit. Just a thought. One way to maximize use of a minimal infrastructure.

ThePanMan

Joined Mar 13, 2020
If everyone drives twice the speed limit, it takes half the time to get home and there will be half the number of cars in the road at any given time compared to the case where everyone drives the speed limit. Just a thought. One way to maximize use of a minimal infrastructure.
Back when I was growing up in Whittier CA Whittier Blvd had traffic lights timed for 35 MPH. If you kept to that speed you'd never have to stop. Except in the case of traffic or other obstructions. One night I tested out a theory: Lights timed for 35 MPH are also timed for 70. Unfortunately the law disagreed with me.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
killivolt Off-Topic 10
KL7AJ Off-Topic 1
Sparky49 Feedback and Suggestions 4
electronis whiz Off-Topic 2
electronis whiz Off-Topic 1