The Jokes thread

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Depends on who you believe... 47 (number) - Wikipedia
Very interesting... I didn't know about the 47 number hype... and I'm a trekkie!:

When asked about the significance of the number, Rick Berman once joked, "47 is 42, corrected for inflation" referring to 42 being "the answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, the Universe, and Everything" according to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams.

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
A stupid person is one who causes harm to another person or group without at the same time obtaining a benefit for himself or even damaging himself
That phrase reminded me of a quote from a character in one of Frank Herbert's "Dune" books:

- "Revenge is for children and the mentally retarded"

SamR

Joined Mar 19, 2019
If a man walking in a forest says something, but there's no woman there to hear it, is he still wrong?

A priest and a Rabbi are sitting next to each other on an airplane.

After a while of talking about their day the priest asked the rabbi, "Are you still prohibited from eating pork?"

The Rabbi replied "yes, we have strict dietary restrictions."

The Priest thought for a minute and then asked,

"Well, have you ever eaten pork?" the Rabbi replied "yes, when I was a teenager I had a ham sandwich on a dare."

After a bit the Rabbi asked the priest "are you still required to be celibate?"

The Priest replied "Oh yes, we are very strict about that!"

The Rabbi then asked, "well, have you ever had sex?"

The priest replied "Yes, when I was a teenager before my calling I had a girlfriend and we did have sex."

The rabbi thought for a minute and then said "Sure beats a ham sandwich don't it?"

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
Three very old men are undergoing a memory test at the doctor's office.

The Doctor asks, "what is three times three?"

The first man answers, "274."

The second man answers, "Tuesday."

The third man answers, "Nine!"

The doctor, pleasantly surprised at the third man's correct response, inquires, "Great! How did you get that answer?"

"Simple. Just subtract 274 from Tuesday."

Last edited:
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
killivolt Off-Topic 10
KL7AJ Off-Topic 1
Sparky49 Feedback and Suggestions 4
electronis whiz Off-Topic 2
electronis whiz Off-Topic 1