The end of the world

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
What a big disappointment! I was looking forward to some kind of cataclysm. :)

Now I am going to have to clean my house! :(
Better you do, Spinnaker. The end will catch you with your pants down and a mess in the living room. :eek: A real shame, let me tell you. :mad:

In my province, Córdoba, there is a mount (Uritorco) where people congregated to wait for THAT end. They have been going there for decades in their quest for the most incredible things, call it energy, UFOs, connection with outer space and I do not know what else.

My brother lives somewhat close and said that the access was forbidden after the idea of a collective suicide propagated in Tweeter.

In the papers, it is explained that since the end did not come, they celebrated kind of a "Dawn of light".

Sure they have plenty time in their hands, necessity of believing in any crap it is offered to them... and "leaders" for that as well; which are the closest equivalents to trolls as in AAC but acting in real life.

They should use their time in Earth for more productive things.

Sorry for being wordy. Enough said; now back to my work in my project.

Wendy

Joined Mar 24, 2008
Hmmm, lets not dwell on your project too long, overunity is a dirty word around here.

Actually we have all died, and just don't know it yet.

Markd77

Joined Sep 7, 2009
Maybe (unlikely) yesterday was the day that the virus that kills us all mutated.
I think all it takes is a highly contagious virus with high lethality but also a long incubation period so it spreads through the whole population unnoticed. All the elements have happened at some point in the past, and the more people there are and the more they travel, the more likely it is to happen.

atferrari

Joined Jan 6, 2004
Hmmm, lets not dwell on your project too long, overunity is a dirty word around here.

Actually we have all died, and just don't know it yet.
Aha, that might be the reason I am feeling in so good mood today. Or is it just the brand new OWON SDS7102V sitting on my bench?

Certainly, not the early-uncorking syndrome that you could presume... yet.

spinnaker

Joined Oct 29, 2009
Aha, that might be the reason I am feeling in so good mood today. Or is it just the brand new OWON SDS7102V sitting on my bench?

Certainly, not the early-uncorking syndrome that you could presume... yet.
Now that is one nice Christmas present! You must have been good this year and Santa came early. :)

loosewire

Joined Apr 25, 2008
Posted before: The Orkin Era -when disease would hit a community...there

was a saying..leave fast come back slow. I guess they would sent a few

people back, if they didn't return..they would wait some time and try again.

If anyone has more information on this...please fill in the blanks.

maxpower097

Joined Feb 20, 2009
Maybe (unlikely) yesterday was the day that the virus that kills us all mutated.
I think all it takes is a highly contagious virus with high lethality but also a long incubation period so it spreads through the whole population unnoticed. All the elements have happened at some point in the past, and the more people there are and the more they travel, the more likely it is to happen.
But most plagues and sicknesses in the past have come from sanitary conditions. For instance we don't throw our toilets into the streets anymore. Theres no more community spittoons. What your betting on will be a superflu which will come eventually. But it will come from vaccines and people taking drugs for sicknesses when they shouldn't. It makes me so mad when I goto the pharmacy each month and they try to push a flu shot on me. And I see 25 year old kids getting them. Only the young and old get flu shots. Thats the way its always been because its well known that these vaccines like your dogs fleas grow resistant to the cure and makes it/them stronger. But in the end its all about money and their gonna sell those flu shots.