The downsides of being clever...

Joined Nov 30, 2010
I relate to TCM and Martinez.
The main reason I putz around on AAC is that there is nobody else to talk to (about electronics).
I can be social, but I have to make an effort not to scare the natives.
My niece protects herself with the sign of the cross when she sees me doing math.
One woman said she was afraid of the 30" by 40" wire gauge chart hanging on the wall.
Unfortunately, that chart is in the hallway to my bedroom door. :(

:D

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well... if I ever did take over the world... I wouldn't know what to do with it anyway...
Well I would start out with setting off a smaller doomsday device to get everyones attention. Then set off a second one to let them know I am serious followed by a third one to make it clear I do not negotiate well nor do I have any issues with using them. :cool:

After that everyone can go back to doing what ever they normally did and will be expected to play nice keeping in mind I am watching with my finger on some horrific shiny red button of doom just looking for a reason to push it.

Pretty sure after the first week most of the middle east would be nothing but vast patches of melted glass but I expect world government relations would greatly improve. :D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
Well its not like the brilliant people reproduce at alarming rates so in a way population reduction would likely also automatically curb the spread of outright stupidity. ;)

I've already got this thought out. My doomsday devices wouldn't be going off anywhere near the centers of the world population that are well known for being above average in intelligence and actions. :D

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
I know.:(

I became suspicious of that when I was about 7 years old as I got going into 3rd grade. Then had it undeniably confirmed when I go into high school. :eek:

cmartinez

Joined Jan 17, 2007
The main downside of being clever is thinking that you are smarter than you really are.
That's one of the points mentioned in the original article...

Have you noticed that humility has become something of an anti-value in our culture? people are now being motivated to become arrogant! and I think that society is beginning to pay the price...

Last edited:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
The main downside of being clever is thinking that you are smarter than you really are.
Personally I don't think of myself as being all that clever but given the dismally low standards the average public around me sets I just appear that way. :p:oops:

tcmtech

Joined Nov 4, 2013
"In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king." o_O proverb
Not really. Majority rule tends to get the person with above and beyond abilities others can't understand accused of witchcraft and burned at the stake being people like to believe they are the best and most capable and generally despise having it proven otherwise.

Coming form less than enjoyable past personal experiences.:(

joeyd999

Joined Jun 6, 2011
Not really. Majority rule tends to get the person with above and beyond abilities others can't understand accused of witchcraft and burned at the stake being people like to believe they are the best and most capable and generally despise having it proven otherwise.

Coming form less than enjoyable past personal experiences.:(
Yea...tall poppies and all that...

Joined Nov 30, 2010

Coming from less than enjoyable past personal experiences.:(
My natural tendency to put public idiots on my mental, "Ignore" list has served me well. Having learned that you can't even make smart people change...well...Never argue with a fool, spectators can't tell which one you are. :(