The Back Up Plan Stanley Kubrick Easter Egg

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
My wife was watching "The Back Up Plan" when I heard this line: "I have a feeling you and CRM-1014 are going to make beautiful babies together."

Anyone else see the Easter Egg?

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
Lord no, completely different movie. Backup is a light comedy starring Jeniffer Lopez.

Originally, "CRM-114" was the designation of a security radio in "Dr. Strangelove" (a must see movie even though it is on B&W). The "CRM-114" easter egg also popped up in Clockwork when Alex is injected with "serum 114" where "serum" in a phonetic pronunciation of CRM. It was also the number of the spaceship in 2001, and in Eyes Wide Shut a scene takes place in the C wing, first floor, room 14, which some observant fellow noted it wing C-Rm 114.

Marty's amp in "Back to the Future" is a CRM-114, and it pops up twice in "Men in Black III" (I caught the 2nd one first time seeing the movie) as door numbers.

killivolt

Joined Jan 10, 2010
Lord no, completely different movie. Backup is a light comedy starring Jeniffer Lopez.

Originally, "CRM-114" was the designation of a security radio in "Dr. Strangelove" (a must see movie even though it is on B&W). The "CRM-114" easter egg also popped up in Clockwork when Alex is injected with "serum 114" where "serum" in a phonetic pronunciation of CRM. It was also the number of the spaceship in 2001, and in Eyes Wide Shut a scene takes place in the C wing, first floor, room 14, which some observant fellow noted it wing C-Rm 114.
Marty's amp in "Back to the Future" is a CRM-114, and it pops up twice in "Men in Black III" (I caught the 2nd one first time seeing the movie) as door numbers.
Movie Marathon time.

ErnieM

Joined Apr 24, 2011
I didn't like Space Odyssey. I like plot and it had none. Only directing to excess.
2001 has a pacific lyric beauty that demands you stop and let it flow by you. It is completely unwatchable to anyone raised on MTV.

Arther C. Clarke said:
For though he was master of the world, he was not quite sure what to do next. But he would think of something.