Testing of a Custom Board Design

pooja812

Joined Aug 30, 2022
Hi Everyone,

I have designed a custom board using QUALCOMM's 410e processor.
The custom board is in debugging stage, and I'm not able to test and troubleshoot the issues.
This is my first design using a processor, Please help me to debug it.

Issues I have facing:
1)The power led is turned on by using a battery supply, but there is no current consumption shows in my USB current measurement module.
2)The PCB consist of processor, Emmc and PMIC's.

Please suggest me how to start debugging it.

Last edited by a moderator:

pooja812

Joined Aug 30, 2022
Welcome
How about showing the PCB and schematic first
and explain what it does or it's purpose
Hi,
Please use the schematic that is given as a guide.
The following features of the smart glass for which this board has:
1)Camera mipi csi
2)Display mipi dsi
3)Microphone
4)Speakers
These circuit/PCB components have been examined.
6)EMMC
7)PMIC
8)WIFI/BT

My processor is definitely not turning on, therefore that is where my problem begins.
Please review the schematic and advise me on how to troubleshoot it.

I also considered that perhaps the PMIC wasn't turning on, but I'm not sure how to verify that either. I turn on the custom board and check the voltages at the PMIC input pin, which show a 5 volt reading at the vin pin but the PMIC output pins don't display the necessary voltages.

Please help me to debug it.

Attachments

Sensacell

Joined Jun 19, 2012
Did you design this?

It's a very complex bit of kit, you need to divide it down into function blocks, step-by-step starting with the power supply system.

MrChips

Joined Oct 2, 2009
Testing and debugging is an integral part of systems design and engineering. You have no hope of being successful at this if you had no plans in place for testing.

pooja812

Joined Aug 30, 2022
I made a lot of attempts to perform the debugging, but I was unable due to a lack of experience.

I need assistance with this because it's my first project and I have no prior knowledge with PMIC, EMMC and processors.

If someone could help me, it would be greatly appreciated.

ScottWang

Joined Aug 23, 2012
Hi,
Please use the schematic that is given as a guide.
The following features of the smart glass for which this board has:
1)Camera mipi csi
2)Display mipi dsi
3)Microphone
4)Speakers
These circuit/PCB components have been examined.
6)EMMC
7)PMIC
8)WIFI/BT

My processor is definitely not turning on, therefore that is where my problem begins.
Please review the schematic and advise me on how to troubleshoot it.

I also considered that perhaps the PMIC wasn't turning on, but I'm not sure how to verify that either. I turn on the custom board and check the voltages at the PMIC input pin, which show a 5 volt reading at the vin pin but the PMIC output pins don't display the necessary voltages.

Please help me to debug it.
Since you have many features on your board, you have to separate it into many parts, as you have 8 features, you just try to test one feature one time, and the program only executes one feature and stops or loops, when you complete the debugging, and then to test the next feature using the same method until you complete all 8 features.

pooja812

Joined Aug 30, 2022
Since you have many features on your board, you have to separate it into many parts, as you have 8 features, you just try to test one feature one time, and the program only executes one feature and stops or loops, when you complete the debugging, and then to test the next feature using the same method until you complete all 8 features.
Yes, I also did it.
I've checked the camera and displays connection they are connected properly.
Microphone and speakers have passed my on-board testing; they are connected correctly and function without a problem with an external microcontroller module.
Now that the PMIC's outputs are not coming in properly, I'm convinced there is a problem with the PMIC and the processor.
I presume that it isn't turning on; is there a method to fix this?
I've read the datasheet, but I still can't figure out how to fix the problem.