Test circuit/System for strain gauge

Richi Nixon

Joined Dec 8, 2015
Hello everyone,

I need your help on building a test a circuit for strain sensor. Before I post technical specification, I would like to know what are the available techniques and circuit model to test strain sensor.

Richi Nixon

Joined Dec 8, 2015
Usually a Wheatstone bridge circuit for them.
Yes, thank you I started designing part with Wheatstone bridge..
Hi,

I have a general doubt, may be it looks silly but i am really confused with Test Circuit for Sensors (example Strain Sensor) and sensor measurement circuit. Do both are one and same??

If yes, then my approach towards it will be having Bridge circuit+Amplifier circuit+Signal Conditioner(filter circuit).
If not, then please suggest me a way(approach) to have test circuit for the sensor.
Looking forward for your valuable input.

Richi Nixon

Joined Dec 8, 2015
Googling 'strain sensor schematic' brings up loads of hits. Take your pick.
Hi,

I have a general doubt, may be it looks silly but i am really confused with Test Circuit for Sensors (example Strain Sensor) and sensor measurement circuit. Do both are one and same??

If yes, then my approach towards it will be having Bridge circuit+Amplifier circuit+Signal Conditioner(filter circuit).
If not, then please suggest me a way(approach) to have test circuit for the sensor.
Looking forward for your valuable input

Alec_t

Joined Sep 17, 2013
They can be one and the same. If you apply a known force to the sensor, the measurement circuit output will tell you if the sensor is working or not (assuming the circuit itself is working properly as designed).

Last edited: